Patch updates >1 gig are bad practice and restrict play time.

by Grummlor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Patch updates >1 gig are bad practice and restrict play time.

★★★ Newbie

I have come home from work looking forward to playing this game (I've only played for 2hours so far since purchasing) only to find that another patch has been released, 10gig in size.

This amount of data will take hours (5-8hrs at the speeds available here in some parts of Australia) and effectively means another night of me being unable to play. I tried playing earlier in the week only to be stuck waiting for an 8gig update to download. I am in a constant cycle of downloading massive patch updates and being unable to play.

Patches are required, not debating that. The size in which you have been distributing them is, however, terrible practice. Its poor programming/design, and a company with this level of resources and experience should do better.

For a game played around the world - consider that fast download speeds are not everywhere.

Message 1 of 2 (159 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Patch updates >1 gig are bad practice and restrict play time.

Community Manager

@Grummlor

Automatic game and client updates could help you here.

Go to the Origin menu, Application Settings, Client Update, turn ON auto game updates and auto update Origin

You would need to leave your machine and internet on for this to help you though.

Maybe this could reduce your downtime when you get home. I fully understand the value of what little free time you may have.

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (143 Views)

All Replies

Re: Patch updates >1 gig are bad practice and restrict play time.

Community Manager

@Grummlor

Automatic game and client updates could help you here.

Go to the Origin menu, Application Settings, Client Update, turn ON auto game updates and auto update Origin

You would need to leave your machine and internet on for this to help you though.

Maybe this could reduce your downtime when you get home. I fully understand the value of what little free time you may have.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 2 (144 Views)