Re: Patch notes & Map update Discussion thread!

by 0ld-Adrian

Original Post

Champion

Today, I noticed that the Anvil Receiver had gone. Frown

(Yes, that is in the patch note.)

I loved that with my Flatline, it is a sad news...

Message 101 of 129 (482 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Rip pathy , 15 seconds cooldown grapple become 35 seconds cooldown ,i main pathy for 2.5k hours play time , too much nerf for the pathy , 133% grapple speed ,zipline 90 seconds to 120 seconds , all of that nerf can be acceptble ,15 sec grapple become 35 sec , really too over nerf , unplaytable and no point to use it anymore .

Message 102 of 129 (472 Views)

★ Guide
@TrancyGoose i am a path main and played like 1000 hour with him, this buff sucks! 24-25 sec was acceptable, and it's not like he is not shoot able when he is in grapple mode, unlike wraith, Octane and Path can die while they are using their ability. Idk what were they thinking.
Message 103 of 129 (458 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_David the Lobby crashes, Legends get locked, for the Love of God Fix Path! 35 sec is way way to much 20 sec seems okay, he is a mobility robot for crying out loud ! Fix him !!!
Message 104 of 129 (448 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@BaldWraithSimp If you know exactly what you're looking for. probably. If you just wanna check what's available it takes quite long because there's just too much stuff shown.
Message 105 of 129 (402 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The tears from the Pathfinder mains are too much.....I've become TOO POWERFUL!!!!

But in an unforeseen twist I actually side with them.  A 35 second recharge time to the grapple is a little too much, and I'm saying this as someone who only brings Pathfinder out to complete challenges.  Make it a weird 28 seconds and it'll be balanced.  

For those Pathfinder mains who say he's now been effectively deleted, its called adapting.  He's still amazing with ziplining entire teams up to high areas and gaining intel on where the circle is going.....but I bet you don't even use those abilities.

Message 106 of 129 (363 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi David,

The new updates in the game are fantastic and it has got me involved more. 

Though I have a few questions to ask:

1. When can we play the World's Edge map again?

2. When will we get crossplay as a standard so that I can play with my friends who use the console?

3. Is keeping Peacekeeper as a drop only gun temporary or a permanent change? If permanent, will the Mastiff be buffed in the coming weeks? (Btw I loved Peacekeeper. It was always my main go-to gun. But since Mastiff arrived as regular...I have been picking that up and destroying squads. Mastiff is giving me more confidence to play and knockdown players.)

Message 107 of 129 (343 Views)

@EA_David I’m enjoying the better audio right now. I noticed the sounds of wind for the first time, and I even think I heard mosquitoes. But the overall audio has improved a ton.

Despite my early complaints I’m enjoying the update. I was mostly playing Bang/wraith/wattson before this update. I played a bit as Caustic, a lot as Mirage and a lot as lifeline.

I think in certain areas of the map lifeline can be a huge asset to the team. I dropped to the far corner where relay was. Hit the ult charge there dropped a care package, then hit the 3 at Capacitor. 4 care packages in a few minutes had my squad decked out. We worked our way towards the canyon and I hit ult accelerants on the way, dropped a 5th. Then I hit the ult charge near the 3 cities (forgot its name). In all I dropped 6 care packages before round 3. Depending on what the devs want this might need some adjustment.

The gold armor+lifeline is a great combo. I opt for Evo until we find gold armor then swap.

Did they add more stun to snipers? It almost seems like it. I was noticing improved visual effects when you land shots with the triple take. I’m not sure if it was the Triple Take or arc stars but the legends appeared to get zapped.

I think when the hit registration is fixed and the early lag is cleared up this will be a home run.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 108 of 129 (317 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_David after playing the new update for a few days, and getting over my initial anger at the Pathfinder nerf, I'm back with a few comments. The main thing I've been hearing people say is that the grapple nerf puts Pathfinder more on par with wraith and octane. However, I feel that this isn't the case. In a fight scenario, Wraith's tactical is much more advantageous as it allows her to completely avoid damage temporarily. On the other hand, while grappling, Pathfinder is basically a flying punching bag, and is very easy to hit, but can't shoot back to defend himself at all. For this reason, Wraith's tactical is much more useful in a fight, and should definitely have a longer cooldown. In addition, octane's stim, which is very similar to Pathfinder's grapple as far as it's ability to get you out of a tricky situation, has almost no cooldown at all. On top of this, octane does not have the low-profile nerf that Pathfinder suffers from. In my opinion, octane actually has a harder hitbox than Pathfinder too. Given this, I definitely think that one of two things should be done. Either Pathfinder's grapple cooldown should be reduced to around 15-20 seconds, or the low profile nerf should be removed from Pathfinder. While the grapple nerf was intended to make Pathfinder on par with some of the other legends, it has in reality made him one of the most underpowered and least viable legends in the game. I love maining Pathfinder, but until he's fixed I'll be playing Loba instead.

Message 109 of 129 (306 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a problem with the game! Its crush in the middle of the mach. I go in, i chose my character, and freez. Restart Origin/Apex go in the game, i have another character, my team are already dead. They start cursing and insulting me for not playing, but its not my fault! After (if) respawn my team, take one wepon, don`t matter what wepon and freez again. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, I have update to the lates Windows. What is the problem? Its this game to hard for an i7 8700, 16Gb ram and gtx 1070? If I wasn't already paying the battle pass I uninstalled it and never player again. I am sick about EA "help"! Money for the game, money for Origin subscription and when its time to play ... i am off line, i have crush after crush after crush. What is the EA Answer? "We’ve temporarily changed our support hours" YOU DON'T HAVE SUPPORT! 

Message 110 of 129 (303 Views)