[Patch Notes] The Iron Crown Event is Going Live on All Platforms! - 8/13/2019

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

[Patch Notes] The Iron Crown Event is Going Live on All Platforms! - 8/13/2019

Community Manager
Post image

For a full breakdown of the Event and FAQ check out the blog here.

TL;DR - The Event includes:

• Limited Time Mode - Solos

• We are finally dipping our toes into the Solo waters. We’re going to put it out there and see what happens. Too early to say if this will become permanent or not - healthy matchmaking across all modes is priority. Give it a shot and let us know what you think.

• Octane Town Takeover

• New Town on Kings Canyon

• Double XP for Top 5 & Wins Weekend

• From 10am PST on August 16th through 10am PST on August 19th players will earn double XP for Top 5’s and Wins all weekend long. This bonus will affect both Account Level and Battle Pass progression.

• A special Collection Event Apex Pack and Iron Crown Event Store

• Available for a limited time!

• With Bloodhound Heirloom Set Preview!

• Exclusive event challenges with free loot.

• Complete a variety of challenges to earn two Iron Crown Collection packs, exclusive Iron Crown event badges, and event currency (Crowns).

Post image

PATCH NOTES

BUG FIXES

• Fixed issue where assigned challenges not resetting properly and giving rewards.

• Fixed bug causing incorrect calculation of Kill/Death Ratio in player stats.

• Fixed an issue where sometimes a Care Package would clip into map geometry.

• Fixed a bug that was sometimes showing Apex Predator ranked players RP as zero when viewing the badge in the Lobby.

• Fixed issue with players having connection issues when trying to join a squad that has already played a match.

• Fixed issue where Daily and Weekly Challenges would reset earlier than communicated in the game.

• [Xbox Only] Fixed bug where players would sometimes not receive “The Player” achievement when hitting level 50.

• Fixed a bug where sometimes Arc Stars would attach to players and some objects at a distance and appear to float off of them.

• Fixed bug where sometimes Arc Stars would not explode or do no damage when it detonates.

• Fixed issue with players sometimes unable to unlock the “Double Duty” Badge.

• Fixed bug where sometimes using a healing item while experiencing bad ping would cause them to heal for twice as much.

QUALITY OF LIFE

• Added a Death Recap to the end of match summary that will display a damage summary of your last battle.

Post image

• Improved the UI during the Match Summary to better show Battle Pass progression.

Post image

• Added In-game Survey

• While playing you may get a prompt that will pop up asking if you enjoyed the last match. This data will be helpful to us so please provide your input when you see it.

Post image

• Added option to spectate your squadmates after dying.

• Added option to “Invite Squad” in the Squad Tab.

• Players should no longer lose RP when experiencing a server crash or disconnect in Ranked Mode.

• Fixed issue where squadmates could not ping a friendly Wraith portal.

• Fixed issue where players could pull other players out of a match by joining them, and then joining another friend from the Lobby.

• Fixed issue where sometimes a player would get left behind from their squad in the Lobby after they enter a match.

• Fixed issue where players would sometimes get a “Party Not Ready” error message even though they were no longer in a party.

• Fixes that should improve overall game stability to reduce crashes.

WEAPON BALANCE

Disruptor Rounds with Alternator:

• Reduced Shielded damage multiplier 1.7 -> 1.55.

• Designer Notes: Disruptor rounds on the alternator are shredding shields a bit too quickly and still proving to be stronger than intended, so we're reducing the disruptor rounds multiplier on shield damage.

RE-45:

• Increased Magazine Size for all tiers to the following:

• Base: 16

• Common: 19

• Rare: 22

• Epic: 25

• Designer Notes: We’re giving the RE-45 a small boost in power by giving it one more round for every mag size. Downing a non-fortified enemy with the RE-45 with 0, 50, 75, and 100 shields requires 10, 14, 16, and 19 shots respectively, so this extra round gives the gun the ability to one-mag more armored enemies instead of leaving them barely alive.

R-301:

• Increased vertical and horizontal recoil. Slightly increased recoil pattern randomness.

• Designer Notes: We’ve made these changes as we’ve seen that the R301 is a bit stronger than intended at long range. We’ve adjusted recoil to balance keeping it effective at medium to close range--which is the original intent--but it should be more difficult for players to auto fire and still laser enemies at long distances.

Post image

LEGENDS

General

• Made adjustments to Pathfinder’s and Low-Profile Legends hitboxes.

• Taking shots to the hip now does torso damage instead of leg damage. This should more closely match the behavior of the other Legends.

• Fixed a bug where activating a healing item would cancel the Ultimate for Legends that need to prime it [Bangalore / Pathfinder / Caustic / Gibraltar / Bloodhound]

• Fixed an exploit where players would sometimes be able to still shoot while downed.

Bloodhound

• Increased the distance that Bloodhound can see traversal clues left by other players [but not other kinds of clues] to 25 meters.

• Adjusted the area of effect for Bloodhound’s Tactical to 125 fov.

Wraith

• Based on player feedback, we’ve reduced the “hum” audio that’s playing while using Wraith’s Kunai.

• Fixed issue where actions for Wrath would have a slight delay when her weapon is holstered and crouching or sliding while the kunai is equipped.

• Fixed an exploit that allowed players to remove the cooldown for Wraith’s Tactical Ability.

Mirage

• Fixed bug where Mirage was able to stay invisible and still be able to shoot and melee when using his Ultimate on a zipline.

Octane

• Fixed bug where sometimes Octane’s Jump Pad would not launch the player.

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 20 (1,765 Views)

Re: [Patch Notes] The Iron Crown Event is Going Live on All Platforms! - 8/13/20

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_BlueberryPlayed 2 matches, 2 times killed unbelievably by a pathfinder without knowing how... even tho we have a recap but I don’t trust it... matches go by quick

[EDIT] the camping in solo is so fun XD I saw so many campers LOLZ. First win I saw was last 2 guys facing off and camper only shot when third guy died LOLZ. And he was like 10 feet behind guy number 2 XD

Message 2 of 20 (1,727 Views)

Re: [Patch Notes] The Iron Crown Event is Going Live on All Platforms! - 8/13/20

★★ Apprentice

HAHAHAHAHA! What can i say now? Told ya folks, this event its all about the money, so who willing to spend that much for the new skins heh? FYI EA and Respawn, i not that stupid to buy these skins when your server performances its so terrible to play.

Message 3 of 20 (1,646 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@TissuePaper77v2 call it what you want, I have more fun solo's because now I don't have 2 kids that die really fast and leave. Or just snatch up loot . I can actually have fun now. It sucked when 2 guys were together on my team they just did what THEY wanted to do, after they died they just left.. its way better for us people who like solos. yes server issue is still somewhat of a problem. did that even get worked on? still some what choppy play, Better than before though.
Message 4 of 20 (1,608 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@HuntnwabitsThat guy’s just pissy since something happend in solo and he made a thread bout it :P don’t pay it no mind

Message 5 of 20 (1,602 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I completely agree I stopped playing the game becaouse I got sick of randoms juat not playing as a team or just leaving the team to do there own thing just so many reason why I started to actually  really hate this game really can not play it anymore with randoms and my friends are not on half the time when I play so nearly always with randoms it just really ruined the game for me then I hear they finally putting solos in I have been waiting for solos since the game came out!  I personally think it needs it and if they don't keep it I'll probally stop playing the game again which is a shame becaouse I really like the game but guess we will see once the event is over ( Really hope we get the keep solos ) 

Message 6 of 20 (1,561 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Shadyspeaker Im pretty sure they will keep it, why go through the problems of making it work and not keep it?
Message 7 of 20 (1,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Huntnwabits Hope so ! Think it's ace having so much more fun playing at my own pace and skill only had couple of games nearly won my first with 8 kills come on! .10 and a win will do hahha
Message 8 of 20 (1,553 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Think im thw only person pkaying wattson hahah 

Message 9 of 20 (1,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Huntnwabits 

Well you people demand for this mode, EA and Respawn use this 'trap' to manipulate, and you are happy for it, lets see how long you can enjoy this mode and FYI, its only temporary, not permanent. Have a good day in solo.

Message 10 of 20 (1,522 Views)