Re: Patch 1.7 on PS4 - Hate the bombers - they need to be fixed

by Lollipopisdead

Original Post

★ Guide

@EightBallFTW 

Ok, I notice that too last night and I was affraid it was a stick issue.

Message 11 of 26 (775 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's almost as if bombers aren't for dogfighting and solo bomber runs were bad, and this team game requires teamworks.

Who would've thought.

Message 12 of 26 (756 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Lolli play the game and learn how the bombers cant defend themselves or move anymore and then come back.

Message 13 of 26 (737 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

well yeah bombers are really only good for bombing runs now and nothing else. So that means there is no tanky fighters anymore because bombers could double as that. I personally don't see the problem with having a tanky slow fighter? I mean yeah bombing runs require teamwork because bombers need support but at the same time bomber pilots get to have no fun defense. And if a bomber pilot chooses to do fighter support on offense then imo he isn't being a team player.

Message 14 of 26 (725 Views)

★ Guide

Bombers are not supposed to be able to defend themselves.  The idea is that they would be defended by the rest of the group.  Interceptors and Fighters are supposed to have the upper hand over bombers.  The bomber is more focused now to be used against Cap Ships.  That is their point.  

Do you honestly think it is appropriate to have a bomber maneuver as well as an X-Wing?

Let me give you a real world example - the Tie bomber is a B-52.  The A-Wing is an F-16 Falcon.  Which do you think is supposed to be taken into a dogfight?

Message 15 of 26 (713 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's funny how people react like they were treated so unfair when they got robbed of theyr OP easy mode. Motive did a great job here!

Message 16 of 26 (693 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well yeah the bomber has the primary role of bombing targets. I don't understand why it's bad though that they have offensive capability. I guess I don't see how that would take away from them being bombers because they are very slow and can't maneuver very well. They've had the lack of movement issue since the game was released and it was very possible to maneuver around the bomber and avoid those guns. Ever since the tie bomber hull reduction I haven't seen them as overpowered. 

There is a difference of opinion here. I can understand that some people would like the bomber to be a pure bomber that struggles a lot to take down ships. I disagree with this because to me it makes sense for a bomber to also be a heavy slow fighter. So I guess I don't see them as b52's.

Message 17 of 26 (671 Views)

★ Guide

The point of comparison is that the Bomber has a clearly defined role - BOMBER, and fighters and interceptors have their clearly defined roles.

They are not designed to participate in dogfights.  If you want to dogfight with a bomber, use weapons appropriate to the need.  The changes made have limited the use of this very specific build in Dogfights because this build was not appropriate for it.

If you are a very skilled pilot then you don't need this particular load-out to perform in Dogfights and if you do need this, then you have been forced to learn more about the game.  This makes you a better player overall and it means we will get more interesting and better games.

Personally, I don't care what someone chooses to run in dogfights, but this load-out is designed for FB.  The Bomber is designed for almost exclusive use in FB.  The game requires you to adapt to the scenario, not the scenario to adapt to you.

Message 18 of 26 (645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

"Lolli play the game and learn how the bombers cant defend themselves or move anymore and then come back."

if you want to move to the area of free personnals attacks, well, let's say that the 3 first letters of your nickname already say enought about yourself Standard smile

Message 19 of 26 (617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah a skilled player probably could run a bomber loadout that would be deadly even after the mega nerf. The problem with that is the fact that another player could be less skilled and still be able to take them out with ease. It seems like a bomber player has to be super skilled to be a threat, while someone else of average skill could fly a fighter or interceptor and be just as much of a threat. Whenever I see a bomber now, I just see a target. The devs have limited a class of ship to one very specific role that is only useful on offense in FB. No other class of ship in this game has that issue. Even interceptors can make good harrassers on offense because after all enemy ships always need to be destroyed. The fighters can be outfitted for attacking capital/flaghsips and the support can be outfitted with a variety of options on defense and offense to make it useful. So bearing all that in mind, I donn't think it's a good idea to have one class of ship be so confined.

Message 20 of 26 (602 Views)