Re: Patch 1.1.3 Discussion!

by pain810

Original Post

★ Novice

thanks for the effort to make the game better

but i dont really like the sound system

Example: while i at the airbase the enemy is upstair (airbase middle which have zig zag stairs) and they just coming from bunker area

what i heard is like they stand beside me......so ....

hope there is better improve in the future

Message 41 of 55 (728 Views)

★ Guide

you just gave an update about the sound on character select screen. where are rest fixes for a major issue? you gave uncleared bloody network icons but no info about ping, server location name on screen while in a match.

a very small update which I never asked to fix and it was never issued for me.

there are main issues which need to fix

fix pathfinder hitbox.

fix slow server bug ( exist from day 1)

improve matchmaking for solo q

improves security on multiple new account creation many the same system. (use for hacking)

let us select real cheater in spectating mode.

you will lose players interest if you don't give an update about the community asked on time. it happened with PUBG and they lost too many players within a year. 

Message 42 of 55 (677 Views)

★★★ Novice

Your patch for the sound has honestly made me not even want to play the game. I’m not sure what you did but the game in and of itself is now quieter. Footsteps are harder to hear if heard at all. When footsteps are heard and they get closer the direction of their footstep sound will change to a completely different direction.

Then as if that was not dissappointing enough I never ever had an issue with hitboxes until again this update. Now its like 1 out of 7 bullets actually registers damage.

Message 43 of 55 (666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Silz616 If by "resolved", you mean that the first skin you must purchase still costs approximately 20 dollars (1,800 apex coins).  So that you can then use your legend tokens to purchase the additional skin, then the issue is not resolved by any means, not even close.  If I purchase a skin for approximately 20 dollars I can then use my legend tokens to purchase the additional skin for 6,500 to 10,500.  So in order for me to spend all of my legend tokens of 80k I could spend over $200... TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS.  So EA is still thieving (or greedy which ever you prefer) at an overwhelming amount. 

Also that does not resolve the "legendary" banners, prestige level up earnings... no apex packs, and glitches.  So the update is garbage and I won't be exploited by EA just because they are the greediest gaming company around.      

Message 44 of 55 (648 Views)

Re: Upcoming Patch notes

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro 
Do you even watch Mendo? He says a lot of things on his streams. Doesn't mean you should adhere to it like gospel. Not to mention he's rather known for purposefully highlighting glitches, bugs, and exploits in games to draw attention to them....

There's plenty of video evidence floating about demonstrating the bin bug and how it can be used. There's similarly plenty demonstrating the infinite portal and the wide variety of ways that can be exploited.

Being a "wraith main" doesn't mean anything here. The evidence exists.

Message 45 of 55 (638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Are stats trackers broken for everyone atm?

All my trackers have been reset to default.

The vast majority of players I see on the pre-match squad banners & champion banners have all lost their trackers too, with some being left with corrupted tracker configurations containing duplicate "Kills : ....".

If it isn't a server problem, is it because I recently hit season 1 rank 110? co-incidence? or is that known to break stats trackers?

Message 46 of 55 (630 Views)

★★★ Novice

First thanks for a great game, it has been a lot of fun to date! Buuuuut yes sorry there is a big but. As a South African player on Xbox, I connect to London servers at around 160 Ms ping, I have a super stable FTTH connection 50 down 25 up, hard wired to Xbox and ports set for gaming. Pre-patch I was at a distinct disadvantage, but hit reg was good, although I did sometimes feel my TTD was a little quick or biased towards TTD. After patch the game with above mentioned connection is near to unplayable, my hit reg has diminished with as much as 50%. And the part that really burns, is my Melt rate. With slower TTK weapons, my TTD is near instant, regardless of the weapon, maybe excluding the Mozambique here. Please look at balance again specific to TTK and TTD, with ping variances.     

Message 47 of 55 (587 Views)

★ Expert

Casual gamer here, newly Apex Legends convert from that other game...

I usually stay away from these forums, I'm not one to complain much either, but felt the need to vent.

When I play, the sound is through my tower speakers, always played this way, enjoy it quite a bit.

That being said, this update is quite a downgrade imo, not sure as to the exact details in regards to this patch, but one thing is for sure, sound is now horrible.

You've toned it down so much so, that I need to bump the volume up higher then before to be able to detect sounds that was once clear and crisp. Again, what was crisp, clear, and obvious, is now monotone and barely captured in gameplay.

Kinda sucks honestly.

Yes, I went and tried to modify the sound in the game's options, to no avail.

I guess I'll eventually get used to the changes, but it did put a damper on the whole experience.

Regards,

Message 48 of 55 (576 Views)

★★ Pro

the ability to hit targets is a lot better but you have to be scoped in and have a small crosshair movement speed. i do find gunfights to be more fair because i can hit the targets now though.

i would like to say, when you fire a gun in real life the gun sway movement speed must get slower i would thing. because your holding this wiggling vibrating gun and so your going to clinch down and that clinching down must make gun sway less instead of more. so when you shoot in the game the gun speed or crosshair speed should slow down too i would think, which would make aiming easier.

Message 49 of 55 (485 Views)

Re: Upcoming Patch notes

★★★ Expert

@TheGreenFellow wrote:

@Wingmannedbro 
Do you even watch Mendo? He says a lot of things on his streams. Doesn't mean you should adhere to it like gospel. Not to mention he's rather known for purposefully highlighting glitches, bugs, and exploits in games to draw attention to them....

There's plenty of video evidence floating about demonstrating the bin bug and how it can be used. There's similarly plenty demonstrating the infinite portal and the wide variety of ways that can be exploited.

Being a "wraith main" doesn't mean anything here. The evidence exists.

Literally never seen anyone gain any advantage from a bin jump.

Please link some footage, i'm sure there's lots of folks landing headshots with a Kraber high up in the air, since random forum guy says it's "high-impact"

Gimme a break dude, i'm pretty sure Mendo's opinion is better than yours, you know... on the count of being one of the top 10 FPS pro's in the world, winning almost all of the Apex tournaments. Along with being on a sponsored pro Overwatch team.

No, he must be full of crap, random forum noob knows better, i'm sure.

Message 50 of 55 (460 Views)