Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Patch 1.0.4 really on the 26th?

by drunkyarddawg

Original Post

Patch 1.0.4 really on the 26th?

★★★★ Novice

Anyone else notice they say down for 2 hours for maintenance? I don't see anything official saying 1.0.4 is tomorrow. In the live stream all they said was aiming for next week. From my experience companies usually don't take down a server to patch the game. Here's hoping it's server upgrades and the patch tomorrow. 

Message 1 of 11 (954 Views)

Re: Patch 1.0.4 really on the 26th?

As I understand it, the server maintenance is entirely unconnected with the patch. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 2 of 11 (948 Views)

★ Guide
ye i suppose the servers are tanking and they need to adjust some things.
you should check out star citizen...Jesus Christ they gotta restart servers a couple times a day.

just looks as if alot of things in anthem run serverside, so i suppose those are under quite some stress
Message 3 of 11 (933 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@drunkyarddawg wrote:

From my experience companies usually don't take down a server to patch the game.

Odd. In my experience, patches usually require server downtime. However, 1.0.3 was made live without, so this game does not seem to require it.

Nothing official has been said regarding the patch, and the closer we get to the downtime period, the less likely I think it is that it'll happen.

Message 4 of 11 (923 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

A patch is different and server maintenance is entirely another thing buddy. Its not the same. So the answer to your question is no,there will be no patch tomorrow. 

Message 5 of 11 (900 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Gonna show my old man fuddy duddy chops now.  When Star Wars Galaxies went live,it had to have it's severs restarted daily.  The largest factor that caused this?  People creating new characters and the free fruit each got (which often was put on the auction house).  At least that is what they claimed later as they removed the free fruit from new characters.  Yeah MMO's from 2003.

Message 6 of 11 (893 Views)

★ Guide

The patch is also scheduled for tomorrow:

https://mobile.twitter.com/UNTDrew/status/1110264574085877762

Message 7 of 11 (745 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thanks for the post and thank for the Twitter link!  Was looking for info this morning...

Wondering

Message 8 of 11 (710 Views)

★★★ Guide

@drunkyarddawg 

All questions related to this can be answered here.

HERE

Message 9 of 11 (643 Views)

★★★★ Guide

They sure fixed the loot glitch pretty fast.

Message 10 of 11 (613 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help