Re: Partial refund for purchasing game on Origin vs Newegg

by ivrognard

Original Post

Partial refund for purchasing game on Origin vs Newegg

★★★ Newbie

Newegg has BFV for $29.99 and I paid $59.99 I want my refund!! This is money stealing !

Message 1 of 3 (304 Views)

As far as I know, there isn't any kind of price match system in place with Origin. Silver lining is you still only paid $60... I pre-ordered at around $110CDN Tongue out

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 3 (267 Views)

@EsenbekAliev retailers set their own pricing, especially during holidays or Black Friday. If they want to get rid of old stock, they will also lower the prices. So no, that is not moeny stealing, that is Newegg having their own sale. Retailers buy from the publisher a set stock. If the stock will not go away fast, they will drop the price. The Origin store is directly operated by EA, so EA is the one that sets the price in the Origin store. 

Origin store refund policy

I doubt that the policy still aplies for you, if you've got it at launch or if you've pre-ordered it. But you can always try. And no, that isn't money stealing, it's basic economics. The Christmas sales in retail starts early and they can do whatever they want. Especially when they pay for their stock in advance. If they decide that a certain product needs a boost in sales or if they want to get rid of it and add something else instead, the price will drop. Again, EA has no control over what the retailers do with their bought stock. When that stock will be gone, the retailers that broke the recommended pricing are usually punished by the publishers (you won't see that, but the retailers will have a price increase for any new stock they need as a punishment). It's never a good idea to sell under the publisher's recommended pricing, as the penalties usually aren't worthy. That holds true for any product, digital or physical.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 3 (245 Views)