Re: Packet Loss ?

by RevenanT-G7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Packet Loss ?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I'm experiencing packet loss on the east coast [USA], But not in the Eu . ? [I live in the Usa]

I had my Isp come out to day and fix my line / network and they gave me a new Modem [no router] and cable boxes because mine was out of date. After they left I decided to jump on Apex legends and was eating lunch and realized that I'm suffering from packet loss. I rebooted my Network.

But still have the same packet loss all in the Us and none in the Eu.

Data Center with packet loss #2.jpg

My question is, is this an EA issue or An issue on my ends still ? I'm very confused when I saw this.

Also I would like to add that my block had the land line guy come out and fix issues, which look resolved according to my technician. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,345 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Expert

@RevenanT-G7 

It's not you! Problems since the last patch. Everything "should" be sorted out next week for S2

Heart

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,337 Views)

All Replies

★★ Expert

@RevenanT-G7 

It's not you! Problems since the last patch. Everything "should" be sorted out next week for S2

Heart

Message 2 of 6 (1,338 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Oh ok, I was sad for a second then realized that I had zero packets in the EU. 

I didn't want to call my ISP again and try to explain this. alright then I guess I'll wait for season 2.

Message 3 of 6 (1,330 Views)

★ Guide

Haven’t played in a couple months but there was about eight of us here on the east coast that played together and we all have always had packet loss.  We usually play on the Virginia or New York servers and the packet loss was always 2 or more.

Message 4 of 6 (1,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

It is atrocious the way this game handles low pings vs high pings.  I am like 10 miles from the DC I connect to and the latency is so bad I can die without much damage notice or be 3 or 4 steps around a corner.  That kind of BS just sends me to play a game that performs more reliably.

Message 5 of 6 (1,278 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@unogobangbang wrote:

Haven’t played in a couple months but there was about eight of us here on the east coast that played together and we all have always had packet loss.  We usually play on the Virginia or New York servers and the packet loss was always 2 or more.

really?

I always had 0% packet loss across the board, I saw a couple of 2% packet loss but those were on the sao paulo / SA severs after the patch dropped [1.2 patch].

I couldn't tell you if it was there from the recent patch [1.2 patch] or not because I wasn't paying attention. I did notice it today however.

Message 6 of 6 (1,267 Views)