PS4 to PS5 Transfer?

by hayhor

Original Post

PS4 to PS5 Transfer?

Champion

Fifa already announced a one time transfer of fut 21 stuff when you move to ps5 from ps4.

Will apex allow this?

They are doing it with origin and steam but I am wondering if platform info is announced?

Message 1 of 24 (4,143 Views)

Re: PS4 to PS5 Transfer?

★ Guide
@hayhor I doubt it, its EA. They will make the same excuse they made with cross progression when anyone with any common sense knows it's just because they want to incentivize more microtransaction sales.
Message 2 of 24 (4,138 Views)

Champion

@hayhor  They likely will bud. A lack of console cross progression to the respective next gen formats would destroy their console playerbase.

Not a smart business move lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 24 (4,115 Views)

★ Expert

@hayhor  They will have to because you will use the same account you use on PS4. Don't forget that ps5 has backwards compatibility so you will be able to play almost every ps4 game on the new console. I mean it would be really strange to see that you have some apex trophies but then you have 0 progression in the game. So i'm 99% sure that we will have our data progression on ps5.

Message 4 of 24 (4,106 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cro_Pittt Even without back compat, you're data is stored on both your account and in cloud (sony and respawn servers).

This is not so much a cross progression thing as a carryon like you accurately mentioned Cro. If they dont immediately have apex carry over to next gen the back compat kicks in and pulls your info from the cloud.

So stop worrying ppl. The fifa deal is that moneys at stake so they want you to pay again to experience fifa with next gen technology instead of current gen technology (basically using a ps4 emulator on ps5 to play the old school fifa most likely)
Message 5 of 24 (4,091 Views)

★ Expert

@Koochi-Q  Yeah my point was simply that he shouldn't worry about this xD.

Message 6 of 24 (4,076 Views)

★ Guide

That implies FIFA on PS4 will be any different than FIFA on PS5.

Spoiler alert: It wont be. 

Source: EA and thier * track record 

Message 7 of 24 (4,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Same company, this not 1st time they do this, they already know the drill, rest assured, it will be taken care off.

Message 8 of 24 (4,070 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cro_Pittt Yea I know I wanted to write differently but I was already going so I figured I just say it like that while mentioning your point but more elaborate for the worryworts
Message 9 of 24 (4,021 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q You misunderstand the fifa deal. Not only are they transferring your stuff they are giving you the game I believe.
Message 10 of 24 (3,991 Views)