PS4 BF2042 Unable to Refund (havent even owned the game 24hours yet)

by OneMeanDragon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4 BF2042 Unable to Refund (havent even owned the game 24hours yet)

★★★★★ Newbie

According to the Sony staff they wont let me refund the game because I downloaded it and played maybe an hour or 2 of it.

The only reason I even bought it was to play with my PC buddys, and PS4 cant play with PC players..
Now I havent even owned this Game 24hours.
It took me about 2hours to figure out how to add my buddys to origin, and another hour to find out I cant cross play with them.
then it took me almost 2hours to get through the online chat with 1 of the sony reps just to be told that they cant refund it.

how do i get my refund?

Message 1 of 6 (450 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4 BF2042 Unable to Refund (havent even owned the game 24hours yet)

Community Manager

Sorry @OneMeanDragon, I'm not sure why you would have been directed to speak with us about a refund.

If this game was purchased on PS4, that transaction would go through Sony's billing systems. 

We have no access to those and would not be able to provide refunds for transactions that didn't go through our own billing system. You'll need to speak with PlayStation Support again to look into that further. 

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (403 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

And another almost 45 mins inline with another Sony rep that has directed me to request the refund from EA? so how do I proceed?

Message 2 of 6 (411 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry @OneMeanDragon, I'm not sure why you would have been directed to speak with us about a refund.

If this game was purchased on PS4, that transaction would go through Sony's billing systems. 

We have no access to those and would not be able to provide refunds for transactions that didn't go through our own billing system. You'll need to speak with PlayStation Support again to look into that further. 

Mako.png
Message 3 of 6 (404 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Standard business run around treatment is what its looking like.

Message 4 of 6 (379 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako You might want to look into finding a way to refund PS4 players' purchases because Sony seems to be refusing everyone. I was refused because I pre-ordered the game over 14 days before release. The game is a miserable mess and I want my money back!
Message 5 of 6 (289 Views)

★★★ Novice
@OneMeanDragon This is one reason I always go to Game Stop or Wal Mart and get the disc. Worst case I can trade it in for 10 bucks credit on something that works.
Message 6 of 6 (255 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help