Re: PREMADEs and SOLOs in same queue in RANKED

by DaAceXD

Original Post

★ Guide
@darkcobrabws Just because other games have, doesn't mean this game should. This game, for me at least, is designed for team play. So the best players should be playing in a team. I play with randoms all the time and I have no problems with it.
Message 11 of 24 (3,820 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@asukojo wrote:

You need bounding with them, respect each other, share stuff, helping each other, got their back, listen to their ping and acknoledge it, see if they need health/shield and you give it to them without asking, listen to their request (bullet/hop up) and when you found it, you ping to them, drop health drone when they needed, when they're down, you acknowlege them that you're going  to revive or get their banner (ping their icon), say thanks when they ping you items you're looking for, etc. 

It's not easy, a lot of work, a lot of challenges, some people are toxic, some selfish, some just don't listen, some noobs, but once you get the bounding with player that connects with you, you can level up together much faster.

Competitive gaming does not mean the game has to match every single criteria.

You watch football? Champion league maybe?

There are big teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid. They have money to fill up substitution bench with world class players, most  talented coaches.

There are small, unknown teams from Russia. Some of them register with semi-amateur players who play football part-time.

Is it fair when Barcelona compete against those teams? Yes, it's fair. In the end, it's the match of 11 vs 11

You watch esport? For example PGI

Team like Liquid only recruits the best player in the world. They has their own coach, own match analysts

Some team like RefundGaming are normal people from Vietnam. They are just normal players like any of us.

Is it fair? Yes, it's fair. They can only bring 4 players into the match.

So, whether premade, solo,it's the squad between 3 of you vs the rest.

If you want to play Apex competitively, you gotta find the premade squad yourself. No one gonna do it for you.

Message 12 of 24 (3,816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@BoaFang7 wrote:

@Anonymous  That's exactly why, these forums are filled with people who are thoroughly against things that would make the game more fair and balanced, it's almost like they enjoy having an unfair advantage over other players.

@asukojo  Then que them against other duos it's not rocket science.

Or they could just make 2 different ques premades/randoms

Because the forum is filled with unnecessary complaints

Really want to do matchmaking like OP suggest? It's not rocket science to do the math:

Randoms vs Randoms

2 premade + 1 random vs 2 premade+1 random squad

Premades vs Premades

And then, we consider matchmaking by ranking:

Bronze vs Bronze

Silver vs Silver

Predators vs Predators

And then, there are 20+ servers around the world. What happens to the less populated one?

Will you wait 5-10 mins of waiting time for "matchmaking?

This is an online game. You gotta play with friends for the best game experience. Don't expect to have the same experience if you are lone wolf.

Dont compare with Overwatch. It's not the same. How many players do Overwatch need to start a game?

Why is it not fair and balanced? It's 3 vs 3. Premades dont come with 4 players.

Message 13 of 24 (3,816 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@ajharris21 wrote:
@darkcobrabwsJust because other games have, doesn't mean this game should. This game, for me at least, is designed for team play. So the best players should be playing in a team. I play with randoms all the time and I have no problems with it.

Agreed. The best players will be playing in premades everytime and that's how it will always be. Best players playing competitively will squad up for the best results.

I play with randoms more often than not, but that's the way I choose to play most of the time. I just do as well as I can. I don't expect to be up there with more dedicated, skilful players who have the time to squad up.

Not to mention the MMing issues and wait times, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Message 14 of 24 (3,780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@d3adc3II  Yet other games do it such as Overwatch.

It's exactly the same, you don't get an advantage from playing in a premade.

Message 15 of 24 (3,754 Views)

★★ Pro

Literally the only advantage of a premade squad is a mic... maybe? And that's a stretch.

If you're playing this game, you should know that 2v1 or 3v1 situations will kill you, so stay with your team. It's not hard. Ping stuff. Talk on the mic even if nobody is talking (this has helped me a ton and I can see if my random teammates respond to my pings and call outs). Share loot. These are basic mechanics. If everyone played together, there wouldn't be a need for this topic. 

Message 16 of 24 (3,745 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@BoaFang7 Why it's the same?

Apex needs to match 60 playes to start the game.
Overwatch: only need to match 4 ( or 8 in total)
Message 17 of 24 (3,721 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@jonesy0218 wrote:

Literally the only advantage of a premade squad is a mic... maybe? And that's a stretch.

If you're playing this game, you should know that 2v1 or 3v1 situations will kill you, so stay with your team. It's not hard. Ping stuff. Talk on the mic even if nobody is talking (this has helped me a ton and I can see if my random teammates respond to my pings and call outs). Share loot. These are basic mechanics. If everyone played together, there wouldn't be a need for this topic. 

I've started using open mic all the time to give callouts. Squad mates do respond with actions most of the time even if they are not speaking themselves.

"Get off the loot, you have a Wraith coming in behind you" saved x2 team mates yesterday.... while I was down awaiting a revive lol.

This is the single biggest difference with a premade. Everybody on mic communicating a plan and when to wait, when to push and who to push.

Message 18 of 24 (3,709 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@ajharris21 wrote:

@BoaFang7 wrote:

@ajharris21  Yeah sure... why make their game fair when it's meant to be competitive ranked. It's stupid and unfair that premades are put against randoms.

Overwatch does this very well because their game has a more well thought out matchmaking system where if a premade ques it ends up facing another premade more often than not.

You have the same opportunity as every other player to squad up before playing competitively, that's how it's fair, it's down to you to make that happen. Not respawn. The best players will probably play in squads, if you want to be one of them you'll probably have to be in squads also. It's all down to you and the choices you  make.

''You have the same opportunity as every other player to squad up before playing competitively, that's how it's fair, it's down to you to make that happen. Not respawn. The best players will probably play in squads, if you want to be one of them you'll probably have to be in squads also. It's all down to you and the choices you  make.''
WTF is this. comment Standard smile Standard smile

Obviously my friends are not always online when i want to play the game.

If you queu solo and you get matched up with a premade on discort.

ITS UNFAIR.

how can this be an argument?

I think there are enough premade squads and solo players to split up the major playerbase.

Why should we not do it then?

Writing code for the fix is not that black and white.

You can split them up. When there are not enough you can still push them together.

Message 19 of 24 (3,703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@DaAceXDThere aren't enough players in OCE to split the ranked queue. You already can't get a queue in ranked through the day for gold+ at the minute. It might get better as time goes on but there's no reason to split the queue for premade/PUG.

Are premade squads likely to be better - yes. So get on discord/LFG facilities on xbox/PS4 and get a 3rd who you reckon is about as good as you for the team.

The game doesn't have solo mode (whether right or wrong) so if you're queueing then you're queueing to play a team game : that part is identical to everyone else, pre-made or not. If you want to play something where it doesn't matter if you're going up against premades then unranked is still available.

Ranked needs to be "bring your A game. Provided it's not cheating : everything is fair", otherwise what is the point?

You could say that they need to start splitting premades based on premades who collectively have 200+ hours, or 500+ kills, or 5000+ kills.  When does it end?  Those premades are wildly different to each other at least on paper.

Message 20 of 24 (3,698 Views)