PKP fest

by tamatem13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PKP fest

★★ Novice

Yep, now lobbies are dominated by PKP.

Sundance with a PKP is the new meta :/

We have a very very long month ahead of us (until Devs come back from the holidays and do something about those PKPs).

Message 1 of 11 (577 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PKP fest

★ Guide
@tamatem13 Honestly they messed up the recoil all across the board with last update, yeah tryhards and youtubers are happy but well.... its lazerbeamation of the battlefield !! But yeah 200 rounds lazer beam is just all over the place and annoying, cant believe we will endure this for a month !! Already started playing back bf4, bf1 and bfv... they feel like "real" battlefield games and are still very fun games with good player base... but going back to previous titles 1 month after release is a first for me. My bet is after the 1 year pass we already payed for they gonna announce end of developpement for 2042 after realising cosmetic sales are not gonna bring that much ( are the battlefield fans really interested in$$$ cosmetics at all??) and move on to the next " hero shooter" well.... yeah !! GG'S...

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (547 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@tamatem13 Honestly they messed up the recoil all across the board with last update, yeah tryhards and youtubers are happy but well.... its lazerbeamation of the battlefield !! But yeah 200 rounds lazer beam is just all over the place and annoying, cant believe we will endure this for a month !! Already started playing back bf4, bf1 and bfv... they feel like "real" battlefield games and are still very fun games with good player base... but going back to previous titles 1 month after release is a first for me. My bet is after the 1 year pass we already payed for they gonna announce end of developpement for 2042 after realising cosmetic sales are not gonna bring that much ( are the battlefield fans really interested in$$$ cosmetics at all??) and move on to the next " hero shooter" well.... yeah !! GG'S...
Message 2 of 11 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I don’t mind the PKP. It’s not terrible anymore but far from OP.  The bipod doesn’t work much and we get no under barrel attachments. 

It’s an okay weapon but loses a ton versus the MP9

close to mid. It’s very unreliable a mid/long to long even when tap firing.

I know bunny hopper and ADAD macro players hate it though because it utterly destroys their ADAD-bunny-hop-kneel-stand keyboard macros. Keep hopping around clown shoes, I’m not running out of ammo. 

Message 3 of 11 (540 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

and the vcar kicks so hard the soldiers cant hold a freaking .22magnum

Message 4 of 11 (487 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The gun is fine it’s just the other guns are still broken 

Message 5 of 11 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, it's a bit overpowered in its current status. You literally can just stand somewhere hold down the fire button and mow down half of the enemy team. 

Message 6 of 11 (460 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Killtheradio If the enemy team are Bots and/or all idiots. That’s definitely not going head to head.

There’s also the fact that the PKP cannot equip a suppressor. You cannot swap under barrel attachments. Going full auto long enough always draws a lot of enemy attention unless, again, the enemy team are all idiots.

Message 7 of 11 (454 Views)

★★★★ Pro

If you use bipod and just find a spot you can do a little damage but your mobility is severely compromised and before you know it your sniped!

Message 8 of 11 (428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Psychopski wrote:

I don’t mind the PKP. It’s not terrible anymore but far from OP.  The bipod doesn’t work much and we get no under barrel attachments. 

It’s an okay weapon but loses a ton versus the MP9

close to mid. It’s very unreliable a mid/long to long even when tap firing.

I know bunny hopper and ADAD macro players hate it though because it utterly destroys their ADAD-bunny-hop-kneel-stand keyboard macros. Keep hopping around clown shoes, I’m not running out of ammo. 

Yeah I don't get the PKP hate.

It's one of the few guns that actually have a bit of recoil. It isn't anywhere near lazerlike unless you have a bipod deployed. 

The problem as far as I see it is that they buffed the auto-aim on controllers way to much. There's both magnetised AA and snap aim. A lot of the lazer like stuff people see are actually the aim assists kicking in basically cancelling the recoil with ADS at close range.

I have played 105 hours on Ps5 and around 20 on PC. The latest update turned the aim assist on controllers into a borderline aimbot.  As long as your crosshairs are close to the target, the snap aim will drag it on target for you, and the magnetism effectively cancels any recoil once you're on target as long as your not beeing shot at (Taking a hit seems to break the aim assist though)

Message 9 of 11 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

the PKP is nowhere as insane as people say.

It is good in close hipfire and great when bipoded. But when you are bipoded you are an easy target for precision weapons.

There are better all around guns like the m5a3, better close range guns like the mp9 and the full auto shotgun, better long range guns like the dmrs and the sniper rifles.

I had been using the PKP at least 2 patches before it was "cool", it was already decent to good and people just had not started the bandwaggon

Message 10 of 11 (393 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help