Re: PC players without TrackIR/VR have SIGNIFICANT disadvantage in PVP!

by YankeeOneSeven

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC players without TrackIR/VR have SIGNIFICANT disadvantage in PVP!

★★ Guide

I've just played my 2nd Dogfighting match, and I can't believe how much at a disadvantage we PC players have during PVP trying to keep an eye on the ENVIRONMENT without TrackIR / VR.

It's HUGE.

I'm so upset - I think the devs / designers who made the flying part of this game have done an utterly FANTASTIC job of space-combat and Star Wars combat, but this omission is CRIPPLING non-VR PC Players. 

I know there's another thread about TrackIR, but I just needed to vent somewhere at how utterly frustrating it is that the lack of TrackIR / Headtracking is.

I'm not going to risk playing Dogfight again. 

Message 1 of 5 (999 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Agree.

quick look is supposed to be the substitute for VR, but it just causes a loss of control for me.  of course i am horrible pilotEmbarrassed

i dogfight anyway, but my kill/death ratio is a like 1 kill to 6 death, almost entirely due to not having any sort of situational awareness.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (924 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Agree.

quick look is supposed to be the substitute for VR, but it just causes a loss of control for me.  of course i am horrible pilotEmbarrassed

i dogfight anyway, but my kill/death ratio is a like 1 kill to 6 death, almost entirely due to not having any sort of situational awareness.

Message 2 of 5 (925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is why i don t play the game! It s really a fantastic game, love it but having no TRACK IR right now, i have decided to wait until the devs implement it.

They are aware about this (how many times was there a thread about this) and i think they will implement that device in the future.

It all takes time, so i am patient cause they have to fix other important bugs but i am confident we will see it.

Message 3 of 5 (840 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Apparently there is a work around using software that plays the game in VR mode but on a flat screen using a phone or something for tracking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUxnStRCmbA I mean it's a poor imitation of VR but pretty much does the same thing as TrackIR from the looks of it. But if there is no substitute for the real thing and with the Quest 2 plus 3rd party link cable coming in well under £350 I strongly recommend saving up and jumping into the future with VR Wink

Message 4 of 5 (829 Views)

★★ Guide
If you have a 4K monitor or an ultrawide monitor this “solution” such as it is doesn’t work. The image quality is vastly reduced, the frame rate drops to give tearing and choppy gameplay, and ultimately it’s NOT the fix - it’s not even a good workaround.
Message 5 of 5 (780 Views)