[PC] Player icon / minimap picture

by Tzenov

Original Post

[PC] Player icon / minimap picture

★★★★★ Novice

Is there any way for players to choose a picture/icon that is displayed on their profile and minimap instead of the basic avatar Shown Here the picture?

Message 1 of 6 (939 Views)

Re: [PC] Player icon / minimap picture

★★★ Apprentice

Yes, you have to go to your Account profile and change your Avatar in there. You can choose one of the Avatars provided or upload one from your computer which you will have to edit or modify to fit the space.

Message 2 of 6 (904 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Wireworm5 I'm playing the game on Origin and I can't really find the menu to change the avatar. When I go to "Player profile">"View Profile" it opens up the Origin window and allows me to change my origin avatar with no changes ingame.
Could you please explain to me step by step how to access the Account profile? Thanks in advance!
Message 3 of 6 (885 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, at the bottom left corner of the Origin page you should see your avatar and your name. Click on the arrow to the right, a pop up window will appear. Select EA Account & Billing. You should then see your Account. Then in Basic Information you should see an Avatar on the right with what looks like a blue pencil in the bottom right corner. Click on that. You will then see Edit My Avatar. You can choose one from either the Avatar Gallery or Upload one by Browsing your pictures that are Saved on your computer, then adjust the Avatar to fit the window. Click Save at the bottom when Done.

Your Avatar should now appear at the bottom Left corner of the Origin screen where you started. Your Avatar will also appear in Heat, the other players will see it.

Message 4 of 6 (863 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Wireworm5 Thanks a lot for the help! I've changed the avatar already but I cannot see it ingame and it still appears as the default icon. I've figured out I can't see other people's avatars for some reason too.
Message 5 of 6 (854 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry for bumping the post but my avatar's still not showing, neither the avatars of other players in the lobby who I play with. 
Is it just me or is there any solution to this problem?

Message 6 of 6 (785 Views)