Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: PC Gamer Nailed It...

by RogueMaster

Original Post

@Quinxder wrote:
They already crossed tha line where it could have brought me back. That was actually arounbd 2 months ago. But if they have fixed it 1 month after release, then i also could have said yes.

Odd, why spend so much of your time writing posts concerning a game you confirm you won't return to? Oops

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 41 of 52 (365 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:
They already crossed tha line where it could have brought me back. That was actually arounbd 2 months ago. But if they have fixed it 1 month after release, then i also could have said yes.

Odd, why spend so much of your time writing posts concerning a game you confirm you won't return to? Oops

Odd, why do you spend so much time in writing love letters about a game you love instead of playing it? Oops

Message 42 of 52 (360 Views)

★ Guide
Its funny watching one guy who doesnt play the game anymore yell at another guy who doesnt play anymore, in a post about making posts.

Its like watching a dog try to catch its tail.
Message 43 of 52 (337 Views)

★ Pro

This actually made me laugh. :eahigh_file:

Message 44 of 52 (332 Views)

★★★ Guide

@MaireDevylin wrote:

Anthem Feels Hopeless

Last Paragraph: 

In four months BioWare has only managed to address some of Anthem's most broken designs, but we're still left with a shooter that is woefully boring and sparse. Cataclysm isn't going to change that. If BioWare really wants to save Anthem, it needs to give up on its half-assed post-launch roadmap, start over from scratch, and build something actually worth saving. Instead of drip-feeding updates to its rapidly evaporating community, BioWare should go dark like Hello Games did after No Man's Sky and resurface when it has something of interest. But if BioWare continues chasing milestones on a road map that few people even care about anymore, Anthem is truly doomed.

That article is an opinion by someone that thinks the game is doomed and that it can't be fixed, but the only opinion that matters to me is mine and my two cents worth is that it still can be fixed. For the moment I'm still having a blast playing Anthem Beer

Message 45 of 52 (313 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think what really screwed us (for those of us who are upset with the game and its current state) over, was that we let our expectations of what we thought Anthem was gonna be from the pre-release trailers and game play get the best of us. We should know better, no game is going to be perfect especially on release (at least not every game) and always meet the expectations arrived upon by our opinions and the games that have set our own personal benchmark for our "best" game in our past.

Message 46 of 52 (296 Views)

Champion

@Amongtheweak wrote:

I think what really screwed us (for those of us who are upset with the game and its current state) over, was that we let our expectations of what we thought Anthem was gonna be from the pre-release trailers and game play get the best of us. We should know better, no game is going to be perfect especially on release (at least not every game) and always meet the expectations arrived upon by our opinions and the games that have set our own personal benchmark for our "best" game in our past.

The older I grow the more I feel this is true for a lot of things in life. Games, movies, books, food, ...

I try to keep my expectations in check and to avoid comparisons impossible to sustain.

And every few years I replay DotT. 

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 47 of 52 (279 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MaireDevylin > a shooter that is woefully boring

People should stop bullcrapping the public with clickbaity Anthem "review" articles like "I've played it for 150 hours and found it boring and repetitive".

btw AnthemTheGame sub is cracking down on this kind of "content" now.
Message 48 of 52 (264 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

If they spent a little time adding meaningful content, the game would improve by leaps and bounds.

- We need more enemy types than what we have now. Hell, Outlaws and Dominion are carbon copies of each other. They're literally so interchangeable that you could substitute one for the other between waves and I doubt anyone would notice the difference.

- Contracts always go to the same area and do the same things. There's no variety. Yarrow always sends you to the same area of the map, to do almost exactly what you did, in the same sequence, as the last time he sent you out. Brin and Matthias do the same thing. Each one has a super small geographic area they use, and they always have you do the same thing in that area. Most of the map ends up unused unless you go into Freeplay.  Contracts should take you to random locations all across the world, not drop you in the same tiny little sandbox each time you pick one up.

- Special events seem to cancel out world events. They need to coexist. It's rather difficult to complete some daily goals when the things you're trying to find won't spawn because you've covered them with something else.

- 'Crafting' needs an overhaul. Badly. There's absolutely no sense in having embers of varying quality if you never use them. Each schematic should start with a base, and build from there, adding more embers of higher qualities as you craft better gear. Having 50,000 blue embers in the bank is pointless if they never get used for anything.

- Drops from chests across the board need to be far better. There's very little satisfaction in soloing a world event where you're getting swarmed by Dominion casters spamming nukes at you, only to get two or three random embers from the box at the end. I've done stronghold runs where I got more and/or better drops from trash mobs than I did from the chests.

The only 'cataclysm' we need at this point is a cataclysmic change in the mindset of the people running the show, and a world shattering update full of things the game actually needs to survive.

Message 49 of 52 (241 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Couldn't agree more. Bioware doesn't seem to understand that what they're doing is subtraction by addition. All of Anthem's issues and in-game systems need to be evolved, re-imagined. I'd add that vendors/shops need to be entirely redone as well.

Every enemy type needs to look and move differently, also, be defeated differently.

The game needs real dynamic weather changes. The kind that affects gameplay style.

Javelins need additional supers that players can choose between.

Anthem needs to open up Freeplay more. Limiting it to 4 players hasn't helped the experience. Without PVP, freeplay needs to be overwhelmingly loaded with unique activities/events.

In general, they need to make what they already have, incredibly better.

Message 50 of 52 (198 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help