by MaireDevylin

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

PC Gamer Nailed It...

★★★★ Guide

Anthem Feels Hopeless

Last Paragraph: 

In four months BioWare has only managed to address some of Anthem's most broken designs, but we're still left with a shooter that is woefully boring and sparse. Cataclysm isn't going to change that. If BioWare really wants to save Anthem, it needs to give up on its half-assed post-launch roadmap, start over from scratch, and build something actually worth saving. Instead of drip-feeding updates to its rapidly evaporating community, BioWare should go dark like Hello Games did after No Man's Sky and resurface when it has something of interest. But if BioWare continues chasing milestones on a road map that few people even care about anymore, Anthem is truly doomed.

Message 1 of 52 (1,159 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: PC Gamer Nailed It...

★★ Guide
I agree 100%

View in thread

Message 21 of 52 (1,109 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Yes.

Message 2 of 52 (1,142 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

That’s what I’ve been saying

Message 3 of 52 (1,135 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@MaireDevylin Yeah just saw it not to long ago.

Just, nothing new under the sun really. Stating status quo.

Message 4 of 52 (1,128 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@MaireDevylinYeah what gets me about that article though is how the writer points out how upset the community is with the lack of communication. Then goes on to say they should go dark like no mans sky. Maybe people aren't as mad as these critics/streamer YouTube people claim? I mean after all I have yet to see where or how to participate in any of these surveys for anthem.
 I also like how they gloss over Diablo 3 launch and its problems. Loot wasn't right or fixed until reaper of souls expansion which was two years later. Being the third game in a already popular franchise made by a AAA company is bad no? I dont know I think whoever wrote this just never liked anthem at all. Especially after reading this exaggerated part..

"But aside from fixes to problems that should never have existed in the first place, like unbearably long load times or a game flow that forced you to spend so much wasted time walking the streets of the purgatory that is Fort Tarsis, BioWare hasn't delivered a single compelling reason to keep playing Anthem."

I mean come on that stuff (which was never a problem for me) got corrected pretty fast for those effected...well definitely faster then D3s loot problem. Also like this..

"The main campaign was a total bust, but Destiny proved that players are quick to forgive a bad campaign or patch when what follows is actually enjoyable."

Destiny had next to no story at all...even compared to anthem. I remember critics complaining about that alot when it released. But fps games are still the most popular types of games so I guess they get graded on a curve. Also what followed for destiny and its long plans after some paid for dlc...oh yeah destiny 2.
I...like most by now..are or should be aware of the problems with anthem. I feel like articles like this are just beating a dead horse over and over just for clicks.

Message 5 of 52 (1,108 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
@RoninJed The problem is, there isn't anything else to report on Anthem other than how bad it is and continues to be.
Message 6 of 52 (1,082 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@MaireDevylin wrote:
@RoninJedThe problem is, there isn't anything else to report on Anthem other than how bad it is and continues to be.

Ok then like I said these critics/streamers YouTube people just keep repeating themselves for clicks then. It's not like there aren't plenty of games old/new and upcoming for these people to write/praise/complain about. I dont know maybe its hard for anthem to "go dark" (like this writer wants it to) when these same people keep writing negatives repeat articles about it while complaining about lack of communication...

Message 7 of 52 (1,058 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I think the article is pretty accurate actually.

Message 8 of 52 (1,046 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't think it's a bad game, it's just a content starved junkie.

I play 1 to 3 times a week do all the dailys that day get the weeklys done and start over with that next week once the weekly are done.

I used to hate Destiny 2, thought it was boring as a Sunday Mass spoken in Latin. And believe me Ive slept through a few 6 AM mass's spoken in Latin.

Ya Anthem needs something to hold the players. ATM its probably more repetitive than SWTOR was at release, mhmmm same guys made that release messup.

Is Anthem in a good spot ATM, no. Will it be in a good spot after Cataclysm release, more than likely no. Not only does it need more things to do, not just more dungeons, more things all over the map. It really needs a loot fix. DO I know what the optimum loot fix is, probably not, but something would be better than the current loot.

Agree/ Disagree I really don't care. This is how I feel about the game. I don't hate it but it's not my go to fun game, at present its just something to pass the time.

And if you're a youtuber or twitch streamers that really needs the views ,go on ahead and post all the negative crap you can, it's your channel and your entitled to do with it whatever you want.

Message 9 of 52 (1,022 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Arreyanne wrote:

I don't think it's a bad game, it's just a content starved junkie.

I play 1 to 3 times a week do all the dailys that day get the weeklys done and start over with that next week once the weekly are done.

I used to hate Destiny 2, thought it was boring as a Sunday Mass spoken in Latin. And believe me Ive slept through a few 6 AM mass's spoken in Latin.

Ya Anthem needs something to hold the players. ATM its probably more repetitive than SWTOR was at release, mhmmm same guys made that release messup.

Is Anthem in a good spot ATM, no. Will it be in a good spot after Cataclysm release, more than likely no. Not only does it need more things to do, not just more dungeons, more things all over the map. It really needs a loot fix. DO I know what the optimum loot fix is, probably not, but something would be better than the current loot.

Agree/ Disagree I really don't care. This is how I feel about the game. I don't hate it but it's not my go to fun game, at present its just something to pass the time.

And if you're a youtuber or twitch streamers that really needs the views ,go on ahead and post all the negative crap you can, it's your channel and your entitled to do with it whatever you want.

I agree with you mostly. As for all the people sticking with a game they dislike/hate/dissatisfied..keep in mind we all run across purchases that disappoint, the movie or dinner that you took the family too that sucked, ya lost the 50-100 you spent. Yes complain then move on, don't continue to play or do a leisure activity that you don't like...that's madness.

At that point if you can't step away and just chalk up the loss then you are doing nothing more than keeping yourself irritated and that bleeds over into family/friend relationships for hours after as it sits in your subconscious as it deals with it. Not moving on means that you are the one irritating yourself, no one else, so why would you do this to yourself... I know I like me better than that and if someone else was causing that type of ire in my life I would cut them out of my life. Just food for thought. Best wishes.

"We have not succeeded in solving all your problems. The solutions we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of problems. We are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Unknown author

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 10 of 52 (1,010 Views)
Twitter Stream