PC Client Patch Live Today - 6.20.2019

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Re: PC Client Patch Live Today - 6.20.2019

★ Guide

The update only touches the client tickrate wich is useless without a server tickrate.

At lauch we had :                    Client tickrate: 60    Server Tickrate: 20 (with packet split )

They patch it to :                     Client tickrate: 20    Server Tickrate: 20 (with packet split )
And now if i understand this : Client tickrate: 60     Server Tickrate:20  (with packet split ) with some netcode changes i hope ???

Not ennough, change server tickrate or let the game die.

Message 21 of 29 (388 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@KuchenBear I have also experienced server crashes when the new Apex Elite queue was implemented. The crashes went away after a while. I think in the recent days, I have only crashed 2-3 times in the past week.
Message 22 of 29 (370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@So_Uncivil1zed wrote:

The update only touches the client tickrate wich is useless without a server tickrate.

At lauch we had :                    Client tickrate: 60    Server Tickrate: 20 (with packet split )

They patch it to :                     Client tickrate: 20    Server Tickrate: 20 (with packet split )
And now if i understand this : Client tickrate: 60     Server Tickrate:20  (with packet split ) with some netcode changes i hope ???

Not ennough, change server tickrate or let the game die.

We never had any Network changes in the Client until now

They only changed the User Input rate in source engine from 64 to 128( default ) and not any tickrate, correct me if im wrong.

However more tickrate does not make the game better(maybe in the future), random no hit req is a bug in the code and we have a few legends with broken hitbox.

This all should be fixed first and then we can think about more tickrate.

Message 23 of 29 (362 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My biggest problem is not being able to play at all I go out of sync almost every game. The games that dont go out of sync I can't hit anyone for about 5 minutes. When the map shrinks and half the squads are left is when I can have a gun fight with any hope of winning it.

Message 24 of 29 (345 Views)

★★ Expert

Someone fumbled on this patch. Too many DC's, leaf codes, servers and regions thrown in together. But whatever, 9 days to go.

@So_Uncivil1zed 

Hardly going to die because of the tickrate issue

Message 25 of 29 (336 Views)

★★ Expert

@xcr762 

You're on console right?

Heart

Message 26 of 29 (332 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@jumanjaydazed Im on PC and ps4
Message 27 of 29 (319 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have identical problems on both. Booted from matches within 2 minutes then gives me an out of sync message. 

Message 28 of 29 (318 Views)

★★ Expert

You should check this link  https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

My friend had the same issue as you...now no problems

Heart

Message 29 of 29 (305 Views)