Re: PC Client Patch Live Today - 6.20.2019

by DamnTheseVoices

Original Post

PC Client Patch Live Today - 6.20.2019

Community Manager

Per the Respawn Community Manager:

Hey friends,

We have a client patch for PC only that is going live this morning to address a few issues:

• Datacenter improvements to make the list easier to understand and use:

• List will be sorted by ping by default.

• The selected data center will be highlighted in orange.

• Focused/hovered data centers will still be highlighted in grey.

• Right clicking a data center will no longer make it look selected

• Right click wouldn't actually select the data center but would still highlight the selection which could be confusing.

• Clients will now send user input to the server at a higher rate.

• Code: Leaf error

• There is still some work to do on our end to nail down what is causing this error. In this patch we’re adding more telemetry to help us identify specifically how this error is being caused. You may start to get a code:net error instead of code:leaf. That is intended and part of the telemetry we added. We’ll be continuing to investigate this issue and it remains a priority.

Why only PC? We want to test these changes before putting them out on all platforms. We’ll be continuing to monitor data and player feedback and if we’re seeing improvement with these changes we’ll roll them out for PS4 and Xbox at the launch of Season 2.

(Source)

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 29 (943 Views)

★ Pro
@EA_Blueberry oh us PC guys are gunnie pigs lol
Message 2 of 29 (922 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Yes I get code leaf on ps4 also I only see the update for pc right now.
Message 3 of 29 (909 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I will let you know soon how it works 44mb update im not sure this will work.

Message 4 of 29 (906 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

* Clients will now send user input to the server at a higher rate.

As of Feb 2019, Battle(non)sense showed the avg Client Tick rate to be around 58hz , curious what this has been changed to?  Hopefully you work on the issues encompassing Server Update rate, since that is where more problems appear to exist  with regard to your netcode execution, as client rate seemed more stable and much less an issue.  Please review this in depth Apex  Netcode analysis by Battle(non)sense as it sheds some rather detailed light:

Apex Legends Netcode Needs A Lot Of Work

https://youtu.be/9PfFPW9a90w

Message 5 of 29 (897 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The servers are nicely organized now lowest ping at the top. St Louis is offline by the looks of it.

Message 6 of 29 (885 Views)

★ Guide

And here is his updated video regarding the netcode:

https://youtu.be/xRj3KZJCDiM

Message 7 of 29 (882 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I still went out of sync but I noticed an improvement I wont land in skull town this time. 

Message 8 of 29 (874 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It is much improved over yesterday my hits are hits and I can play a game right through if I land in a moderately hot zone. The patch is good in my opinion. Before I would go out of sync in 2 minutes or less even without being in a hot zone.

Message 9 of 29 (868 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

blueberry, I just created a new post. about the crazy wave of cheating I experienced today. 6 out of 6 games where full of aimbotters. all the names were mostly numbers and brand new accounts. tracing through walls, attempting to wall people, target locking heads. I logged all the names of them. my post was deleted in 5 minutes. I really don't understand this. the pc cheating is out of control. blatant new accounts aimbotting everyone.

Message 10 of 29 (846 Views)