Re: Owner of EA Games need to buy it again on STEAM to play it ?

by HelmutZ

Original Post

Owner of EA Games need to buy it again on STEAM to play it ?

★ Novice

If you guys release more games other than new ones like Star Wars Fallen Order on Steam. ie: BF5, Need for Speeds, ME Andromeda etc. etc. Could you please give us Steam keys if we already have/bought the Origin version? You know like Steam did when you used to buy EA games you would get both. Could help with the horrible EA reputation as well.

or simple as it is , if we own BF5 on origin we need to buy it again on STEAM just to lunch it from steam platform >?..... we will have and own our stats from game but the paying price will be just to lunch  it from steam ..... ?

for other to understand " if we want to use or press play button from STEAM for BF5  we will need to buy it again from STEAM shop ! after we buy it and install it we will have our steam account linked with origin and we will have the same stats ! "

Wake up EA , wake up ......

Message 1 of 5 (1,204 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mirifiC if you purchased the game on Origin then you will not be able to redeem the code to another platform.

I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,120 Views)

★ Novice

Hey @EA_Darko  ,  i will try to explain you one more time .........

i didn't even try it to redeem the code one STEAM platform because i know will not work !

I own a lot of game on ORIGIN maybe to much games and money spend for nothing !.....

my problem is so  ...if i want to start the BF5 from STEAM i need to buy it again from STEAM platform right ?.....so i'm the * costumer who did this just to see the * what EA does !

I did buy this bf5 from steam , i did Install part and then i did PRESS the PLAY button and now the fun part start Standard smile) ....game loading and after a while start  ORIGIN app and i write my name and pw   and done the game start with  my same stats and same * i did have it already !

does it say somewhere that we need to create a new origin account if we buy the same game on steam that we already have on Origin account ? 

but the problem is that EA prefer to earn some more money out of nothing and take advantage of some gates to escape clean

anyway EA are never interested in being fair to us!

theoretically you should have given us access on steam to the games we have already bought on ORIGIN !... but EA is EA  and not to complain but the END is near ..........

i hope u will send this to your head Manager !

Message 3 of 5 (1,098 Views)

★★★ Novice

I too paid good money for the Mass Effect Trilogy in 2017 from EB games. I would like to add these games to my Steam Library just for the ease of accessing them from the Steam Library whilst logged in there. I don't want log out of Steam, then log in to Origin just to play Mass Effect.

EA already has my money. Why not give loyal EA customers Steam codes to play the games they've already paid for.

I can't see the problem since the series is now for sale on Steam. Why should I have to buy the game twice?

Regards,

An increasingly unhappy customer...

Message 4 of 5 (1,060 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@mirifiC YES, you can activate some of the games from Origin on Steam. Wink
Message 5 of 5 (999 Views)