Overwhelming graphical effects?

by DesertDust91

Original Post

Overwhelming graphical effects?

★★★ Guide

When i compare apex legends to shooters i played before(and there was a lot of them), i think its way too flashy and the effects are sometimes too big/intense.

Your EVO shield is upgrading? Blast around the screen. You hit the enemy? Red blast on his shield. You break his shield? Another blast.

Sometimes when i take L-STAR i notice, that people have trouble in firing at me.

The first time i started to think about it was when i met someone with R-99  - its muzzleflash was bigger than the enemy using it.  I know, that this problem has been repaired, at least with this weapon.

I think it can seriously influence my aim and other people.  Let's say i'm Crypto with L-STAR, i activate my ultimate and i throw 3 arc stars. Eye cancer.Raised eyebrow

Its especially visible at close range - there is nothing better than wraith portal in caustic gas, surrounded by revenant's silence. This is a bit exaggerated, but still.

Gibraltar has it even better - aiming through his active shield, while looking at his shield dome and shooting the enemy.

Does anyone draws similar conclusions?

I saw people complaing about bloodhound's tactical(its appearance) and the ring's colour.

Message 1 of 3 (254 Views)

Re: Overwhelming graphical effects?

Champion

@DesertDust91  Same issue with the audio bud.

This game is a literal bombardment on the sense to a scale of which even gibby would be impressed. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (233 Views)

Re: Overwhelming graphical effects?

★★ Expert

@DesertDust91 yeah there's WAY too much visual clutter for what's supposed to be a competitive BR game. Titanfall 2 put emphasis on the visuals because for the most part you won't look at them for very long.

This game should've been the opposite, they should've toned down the visual effects in favor of cleaner graphics and in-fight legibility. Like you say, LSTAR is the worst offender as it's visually hard to see your target both as the shooter and as the person being shot at. 

Message 3 of 3 (222 Views)