Overview: So far this season

by rockyboy1998

Original Post

Overview: So far this season

★★★ Pro

The New Map:

• It's a visually amazing map great cover in places.
  • Not enough transportation / options of travel (jump towers, vehicles) 
  • Not enough cut throughs, sometimes it feels like you have to run for miles
  • Some really good area's and well balanced POI's (no skull towns, fragments etc) 

Overall I think this new map is very well suited for ranked / competitive players. In pubs, it's harder to get 'warmed up' because you don't have as many hot drops and it makes pubs IMO very boring. I also think that characters like Octane, Wraith, Gibby, Bangalore, Bloodhound become very situational and they are only really utilised well when it comes to the smaller rings. 

Ash / Car SMG:

• Ash is a bit underwhelming, her tactical doesn't really do too much a good player will still be able to get out of it easily. 
  • Ash's ultimate is very good, but you need heavy communication for it to work properly. 
  • Her passive is good and it's well balanced IMO, I have heard mixed reviews on this though. 
  • The Car is really weird for me, I've tried to use it but I don't see it being any more beneficial than a R-99 or Prowler really. 
  • Mixed ammo type is a good feature, I hope they utilise this more on other weapons as well. I wish the different ammo types offered something else, for example a burst fire when using heavy or a slower fire but a heavier hitter. 

Game Play Synopsis:

I mentioned above that the map is more suited for ranked, I say this because of the lack of 3rd parties you get on this map. You can fight and have more time in a fight compared to KC for example where you really need to be critical because before you know it there's another 1,2,3 squads coming after you. 

It seems that you really have to carry a sniper or marksman weapon and without one you really don't have much of a chance because a lot of the fights happen from distance. 

I feel the map lacks a lot of mobility itself, Olympus has its portal, which isn't used all the time but the option is there if you need to fast travel. The cannons are good on this new map, don't get me wrong but you have no control over which direction you can move too. 

What I Wanted To See:

• More work to clubs, they have been ignored since they have come in. Rival clubs would be great, detailed statistics, club info to attract new players would have been good too. 
  • Some legends need work, I'm surprised about the lack or buff's / nerf's 
  • The TT being a sniper, I'm baffled on why it's a marksman. 
  • A better battle pass, this one is not good at all. 
  • Heirloom customisation with legend tokens, I've said this for a long time we need this option. 

Message 1 of 3 (184 Views)

Re: Overview: So far this season

★★★ Pro
@rockyboy1998 So this post get no traction, yet other people make posts based on my ideas and they get traction. Very strange...
Message 2 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: Overview: So far this season

★★ Pro
@rockyboy1998 I'll bite. Best season I have seen in a long time. And by that I mean since the launch of World's Edge long time. Best looking map by far. It's different but really fun to play on. I could care less about jump towers or any of that stuff, it forces a different playstyle and I'm liking it. Prowlers are fine, they die easy and can be used to your advantage. Would like more ammo in the buildings and like to see more long range scopes since sniping is encouraged on this map. Haven't played Ash yet cause everyone seems to want to do it now so I let them, couldn't really care. Car is not for me, too much horizontal recoil which means I can't one clip with it. If I can't one clip with a gun I won't pick it up. As far as battlepasses go, they all have been pretty terrible lately so there's nothing that I really want from it or the previous one tbh. As for buffs / nerfs to legends - I give up. Respawn can do whatever they want at this point. I don't have a main so they can have at it, I'll just play someone else if they nerf a particular character. They always seem to do things their own way anyway. One thing I would really like though is the option to change the color of your crosshair, it dissappears easily into the background sometimes. But all in all I'm very impressed with what they have done. Just hope SBMM doesn't screw me over this season then I would be more than happy.
Message 3 of 3 (107 Views)