Re: Over pricing, gambling, economical ethic's, consumerism for skins and add-on

by Huntinwabits

Original Post

Re: Over pricing, gambling, economical ethic's, consumerism for skins and add-on

★★★★★ Guide

That was too hard to read. If EA wants to overcharge for cosmetic items thats fine. Some people pay ridiculous money on a free game and EA is free to take their money if they wish. However it would be frustrating for a good player or a dedicated player to know that they can't touch any of the skins they want without paying for it. Giving the players a way to earn rare or Legendary items that isn't easy or quick seems fair.

Message 11 of 21 (430 Views)

★ Guide
@adidasPowah Haha x"D perfect example thank you lol
Message 12 of 21 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@heme725Lol I know long comment if you watch the link it will explain it better then I could over this, but yeah I'm one of them.  However I \ we\ decent amount of player got real world stuff to Spend money on cant be spending unreasonable amount of money for 1 skin, no that no matter how dedicated I am to apex.  Also yeah like the mission's in the HUNT Event I do hope they continue that next season atlease to start 👍

Message 13 of 21 (421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@cr41g1690 wrote:

I used to collect everything growing up, they all came in random packs and nobody complained...

Don't get me wrong some companies are doing these boxes in a very rip off manner but I don't see it in apex.

For free you get close to 50 boxes to fill out your characters, that's plenty and if you want a few more put some money in, seems fair to me.

Any lootbox system is a straight ripoff, especially if there is no form of being able to buy what you want straight up at any time beyond the "weekly featured shop". They are designed to incentivize you to gamble in the lootbox system in hopes you either get the item you want or get enough of the random materials to be able to buy one. It's shady crap and it's time we stop supporting these garbage practices.

Message 14 of 21 (413 Views)

★ Pro
@xXCA_RageXx then stop playing there games, Pretty simple.
Message 15 of 21 (409 Views)

★★ Guide

@Huntinwabits wrote:
@xXCA_RageXxthen stop playing there games, Pretty simple.

You can still support a game without supporting the crappy lootbox systems. 

Message 16 of 21 (404 Views)

★ Guide

you haven't even played overwatch

you only can get gold weapons at competetive matchmaking

Message 17 of 21 (394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@xXCA_RageXx 

Why is it shady? That's the system some games use. Pay for a choice or pay for a surprise..Like @Huntinwabits  said...Don't want it, don't buy it...plain n' simple. Nobody is getting ripped off 'cause they like that format. Some whine cause they can't choose exactly what they want. Well tough S@@@, That's the ways it is and that's how the game is implementing it.  Is your mother gambling when she buys you that box of cereal with a "SURPRISE INSIDE"?  Thinking

@Katsura_KokoroThey might possibly offer that in ranked as well...who knows...it might change

Heart

Message 18 of 21 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@jumanjaydazed wrote:

@xXCA_RageXx 

Why is it shady? That's the system some games use. Pay for a choice or pay for a surprise..Like @Huntinwabits  said...Don't want it, don't buy it...plain n' simple. Nobody is getting ripped off 'cause they like that format. Some whine cause they can't choose exactly what they want. Well tough S@@@, That's the ways it is and that's how the game is implementing it.  Is your mother gambling when she buys you that box of cereal with a "SURPRISE INSIDE"?  Thinking

@Katsura_KokoroThey might possibly offer that in ranked as well...who knows...it might change

Heart

If you can't see how lootbox systems are shady, then I can't help you bud.
Message 19 of 21 (340 Views)

★★ Expert

@xXCA_RageXx 

Thanks pal...But, I'm pretty content here. "Go on with the Chlorophyll"

Heart

Message 20 of 21 (318 Views)