Other Family Profiles Can't access Battlefront 2 Celebration Edition

by csradiation

Original Post

Re: Other Family Profiles Can't access Battlefront 2 Celebration Edition

★★★ Newbie

Parents typically buy downloadable content on their profile, and have an expectation that the content will be accessible by other profiles across the device. Seems to me that this is little more than a way to manipulate buyers. It is shady that buying downloadable content is tied to a profile, and that you do not state as much. 

If I download content, anyone with access to that device ought to be able to play that content. At best, your approach is intentionally obscure, and at worst, intentionally deceptive, designed to get consumers to buy the same content over and again without hope of refund or profile transfer. You have to know that this approach has timeline which is ultimately not going to work out for you. I will not support EA in this sort of business practice.

I encourage you to change your verbiage so that consumers are aware, and that you work on your community relationships. 

Message 11 of 18 (935 Views)

★ Novice

I agree with the above. This policy should have been made clear from the start. I've already requested a refund, and have three very disappointed kids on my hands. EA has done much to re-build good faith with the SW Battlefront community since the initial release. This choice was... unfortunate. 

Message 12 of 18 (895 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'll join the chorus here, completely underhand move by EA.

I bought this for my sons birthday the other day, we are self-isolating so thought this would cheer him up.

NO MENTION WHATSOEVER on the PS store page to say that the Celebration edition is treated as DLC so he only gets the base game because, as per usual, I added this to my account on our PS4.

Got in touch with Sony who are no help at all - telling me because I downloaded it they wont refund or transfer it to another account.  They also say "I'm afraid DLC can't be shared between accounts, this will only be available on the account you purchased it on" - would have helped if they had made it crystal clear that this edition is not in fact a complete package but just a collection of DLC's.

I'm not trying to steal anything here - what I am left with is a game that doesn't interest me on my account full of useless DLC that my boy would have loved that he cannot access.

EA should be ashamed of themselves and I can say that I will think long and hard about where what little of my money I have left after all this will go.

This is a time where people will remember how companies have treated them...

Message 13 of 18 (875 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Is a Celebration Edition Upgrade purchase needed for each user on my console?

Apparently it is.

AKA: EA expects me to buy 4 copies of the Celebration Edition Upgrade for one console?!?!

@EA_Darko states "For any questions as to what can be shared over Xbox game sharing ... speak with Xbox support."

Xbox support has assured me that it was EA's decision to treat this "GAME Upgrade" as profile-specific DLC. Meaning that EA expects me to purchase 4 copies of this to enable each profile on my XBox to access the content at a total cost of $99.96 plus tax.

XBox support WILL refund your purchase - if you purchased believing you would get a true upgrade as advertised.

I recommend avoiding this altogether.

Message 14 of 18 (727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You’re such a Karen. Research the product before you buy it. None of this is EA’s fault, they work very hard to create what they do.

Message 15 of 18 (572 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@lordvaalic Like you filing a complaint will do anything
Message 16 of 18 (572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@TheawesomedoggieThis contributed absolutely nothing to this months dead thread but k. Just saying.

Message 17 of 18 (559 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

/Atic
Message 18 of 18 (488 Views)