Other Family Profiles Can't access Battlefront 2 Celebration Edition

by csradiation

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Other Family Profiles Can't access Battlefront 2 Celebration Edition

★★★ Newbie

I purchased The Celebration Edition upgrade fro Star Wars Battlefront 2 for X-Box One S. It works under my profile but not under any other profile in my Microsoft Family. Every other profile prompts to buy the upgrade. Can someone tell me what is going on? I've not had this problem with upgrades to other games.

Message 1 of 18 (5,310 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Other Family Profiles Can't access Battlefront 2 Celebration Edition

Community Manager

Hey @csradiation in many cases additional content that is available on the account which purchased the game may not be available for other users. FIFA packs for example as part of a pre-order are only available on the account that purchased the game.

For any questions as to what can be shared over Xbox game sharing then the best thing to do is to speak with Xbox support.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (5,284 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @csradiation in many cases additional content that is available on the account which purchased the game may not be available for other users. FIFA packs for example as part of a pre-order are only available on the account that purchased the game.

For any questions as to what can be shared over Xbox game sharing then the best thing to do is to speak with Xbox support.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 18 (5,285 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko How do I get a refund on the x-box then cos I bought the Celebration for my sons x-box as I had just bought him the game but now he cant use the skins cos its on my profile.
Message 3 of 18 (5,260 Views)

Community Manager

For any refund @AW_Cramer you would need to speak with the retailer.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 18 (5,253 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks, I already did it with XBox Support.

Message 5 of 18 (5,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue and have a support ticket with Xbox, but your example isn't really an apples to apples comparison.  This is sold as a game upgrade - not a pack.  I've read the fine print and if it is meant to be limited to the purchaser only it should be clearly spelled out.  This upgrade is rife with complaints across the web of people who can't get it to work period.

Message 6 of 18 (5,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I got the celebration edition and none of the skins are showing up
Message 7 of 18 (5,012 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try going into each character and go to “presentations”. It took us a while to figure out that we had the plan all along when we thought we didn’t have it 

Message 8 of 18 (4,866 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So, I was having this same issue on XBOX One.  Although it is not stated anywhere, or not clearly stated where anyone can clearly see, this add-on only counts for a single EA account.  Additionally, you need to be logged into EA to see the additional content. 

Testing Steps:

1. Purchased on master account (mine), States "installed" on both master and child account (my son's account) -- or at least that is what you will conclude by reading the message on the child account.  Add-on Content not available in either account.

2. Checked that all content was installed and there were not updates or downloads pending on either account.

3. Created an EA account to log in (I have avoided this so far to limit game play for my kids).  Logged in on master account and the content was available, but even after reboot of the system it did not show up on child account. 

4. Even though child account listed the content as "installed", I used the "purchase" option on the child account with a gift credit.  Content still did not appear in child account game, but it now had a different "installed" message than it did before. 

5. Created a new EA account for my son's child account.  Verified the account in email and logged in.  Content is now showing up on the child account as well.

Question:  Where do I go now to get the add-on removed/refunded for my account.  I never play these games.  Also, who do we inform to put a message on the product to clearly indicate that it is for a single user account only!

Message 9 of 18 (4,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Way to go EA. You guys really are the most greedy evil company in gaming. It doesn't say anywhere this will not work on my son's account. Every other DLC I have purchased on Xbox works on both mine and my son's accounts. Except yours. I didn't even want this DLC, I bought it for him. It does not state this anywhere.

I'll be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and rating your DLC accordingly.

Message 10 of 18 (4,470 Views)