Re: Origin

by stevense123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin

★ Novice

Origin should be adapted in a way that google chromebook users should be able to download and use the website.

Message 1 of 5 (596 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @stevense123.

Thanks for your suggestion. I am not aware of any plans to add Chromebook support, but we do appreciate your feedback. Chrome OS is built off of Chromium and focuses on web application use rather than downloaded applications, and chromebooks aren't built with a lot of space on their harddrives as a result.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (566 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @stevense123.

Thanks for your suggestion. I am not aware of any plans to add Chromebook support, but we do appreciate your feedback. Chrome OS is built off of Chromium and focuses on web application use rather than downloaded applications, and chromebooks aren't built with a lot of space on their harddrives as a result.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 5 (567 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, Ive been having trouble getting origin to download on my Mac. It has worked before and in the last few days it has been shutting down. it lets me launch origin and then the symbol to open it apears for a second and then dispears. Could you help me?

Message 3 of 5 (538 Views)

★ Novice

I think you might need to update your origin! My friend had the same issue and had to update their origin app. Hope this helps! 

Message 4 of 5 (529 Views)

@Antonsimmer  Try running the Origin reset tool for Macs:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Origin/td-p/7886718

If that doesn't work, please let us know which version of macOS you're running.  Origin isn't supported for any version earlier than 10.9 (Mavericks), although some people manage to get it running on earlier builds.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (515 Views)