Origin is kinda extremely broken.

by WynterFoxx

Original Post

Highlighted

Origin is kinda extremely broken.

★★★ Novice

So, instead of being able to detect installed games, Origin decided to just delete selective files in my game folders. That's great.

Message 1 of 4 (351 Views)

Re: Origin is kinda extremely broken.

EA DICE Team

@WynterFoxx

Hi,

That sounds like an unfortunate experience. Are you able to provide more information on what exactly happened?

Message 2 of 4 (303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Well, the drive that had my origin install died a few weeks ago and im using a new one. I got Origin onto the new one, and logged in to find that all my games (stored on a separate drive) were marked as uninstalled. I verified all my game files were still there before clocking download, hoping it would verify the existence of each file and just move past. Instead I was met with a ridiculously long install time. (I was running on Ethernet over lan at the time so my PC's download speed was slower than usual) I decided I'd just cancelled the download and figure out what to do some other time but the act of cancelling the download deleted every file in the game's main directory aside from my post processing files. (ENB I believe)
Message 3 of 4 (300 Views)

EA DICE Team

@WynterFoxx

Could you please create an Origin Error Report and provide the Report ID in this thread? It will help us investigate - here's how you can do that:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-origin-error-reporting/

It would also be helpful for me to know how many games you lost in total.

Message 4 of 4 (274 Views)