Re: Origin hurts my eyes and lack functions

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin hurts my eyes and lack functions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Is there anyway to change the skin, to a darker tone in Origin. Discord has a similar style as Origin but they let me change to darker tone like this.  Right now the white/light UI really hurt my eyes. Also why is there non function for taking screenshots? It really sucks that I'm forced to use Origin when I must run the game through Steam anyway to take screenshots. Please decide to release Battlefield 1 Premium to Steam. I would gladly pay for the game a second time if I can avoid Origin. Origin/EA account has the least friendly account management too, why can't I use whatever nickname I want to? Battle.net and Steam have solved this...  Game Library looks like a total mess, is there anyway to remove the tiles of icons?  Or make them even smaller to be more like the desktop icon on my windows desktop and have the name of the game listed down as in a column?

Message 1 of 6 (826 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

We recognize that some users (myself included) like to play in dark rooms, and that the bright interface can be hard on the eyes in such cases.  To that end, we have an internal task to investigate what a dark mode interface would look like.  I can't speak to when we might be able to roll something like this out, but we are definitely aware of the desire.

With regards to the game library tile size, there are some buttons at the top of the game library that let you change the tile size.  In the client, there is also a zoom option in the View menu that can be used to make Origin's entire interface smaller.

Alex
Origin Product Team

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (862 Views)

All Replies

You could structure it better. 

Will try to list them:

1. Skins 

2. A screenshot function

3. A games list as an option to the tiles

4. The ability to change the nickname in the client (like in some competitor clients)

Did i nailed them right?

As for the EA games making a comeback to Steam, i really doubt it that it will happen. Blizzard has their games only on their store and client, so EA did mostly the same (they still offer some of their older titles on Steam, along with a key for Origin and they have some nice DRM free games on GOG, so you can't say that they don't try to offer alternatives, but the newer titles are indeed Origin linked).

You can send more feedback, so EA would improve the origin client: new features to be added, what existing features should be improved and how, layout. As you could see, the Community Managers are gathering feedback, so let them know what you think and do it in a structured way, so they could read it easily. 

P.S.: i do like some of your proposals, namely 1 and 3.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 6 (799 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Heradon89

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts about Origin with us. We are aware that there are areas where we could improve, so you posting your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I do first want to make you aware of our thread that lists all current feedback that we are aware of:

We've also announced a new program that we're doing, to improve on some of the things that you called out in your post. I would recommend reading through what we're planning. But most of all, let us know what you want us to do for you:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Announcements/Origin-Spotlight-What-can-we-do-for-you/td-p/5910398

@ivrognard

Thanks for the added information - lovely post!

Message 3 of 6 (789 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

We recognize that some users (myself included) like to play in dark rooms, and that the bright interface can be hard on the eyes in such cases.  To that end, we have an internal task to investigate what a dark mode interface would look like.  I can't speak to when we might be able to roll something like this out, but we are definitely aware of the desire.

With regards to the game library tile size, there are some buttons at the top of the game library that let you change the tile size.  In the client, there is also a zoom option in the View menu that can be used to make Origin's entire interface smaller.

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 4 of 6 (863 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I will check links Ea_Tom Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (732 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Heradon89

Thanks for reaching out to us, and glad that we could help!

If you've got any further questions, then you are more than welcome to chat about that with us and other players here on the Origin community forums.

Cheers,

Message 6 of 6 (717 Views)