Re: Origin game's edition upgrade should be merged after purchased

by ivrognard

Original Post

Origin game's edition upgrade should be merged after purchased

★★★★ Novice

As far you know, there are serval editions of a game ( standard, deluxe, ultimate, game of the year, ... ). We can easily buy an upgrade pack from the game the have the rewards as desired ( like deluxe upgarde ).

But the thing is, when we do so, we only get the rewards as we expect, and DOES NOT tranform the "standard edition" into a "deluxe edition" one ( only those who bought the bundle at the begining will have that "deluxe edition" ).

For some games like Starwars Battlefront, there are season pass sold seperated and does not have some rewards like in the "ultimate edition" can be understandable, but Mass Effect Andromeda is exceptional because the rewards for deluxe upgrade are the same with "deluxe edition", so they should be merged into a "deluxe edition" for the buyer.

I have chatted with Origin Support, and they cant help with this problem.

Message 1 of 6 (1,337 Views)

Community Manager

@Dat-FX Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure if this will be something that'll be done, as Origin sees it a Deluxe Edition is separate from a Standard + Upgrade, but perhaps that's something to be unified. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,312 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply,

So today I just bought Starwars Battlefront ULTIMATE EDITION ( not a season pass upgrade, I have had a standard edition before ) but my game's name is still not include with "Ultimate Edition" text. I think it is how Origin work : it only get the first edition you buy no matter what after that any edition or upgrade pack you buy. I think this should be fixed.

Message 3 of 6 (1,289 Views)

@EA_David  Just saying here, but if the bloody competition can do it, you guys can do it, too. I have faith that you have enough talent to be able to implement this one. I do not consider this a priority, though, but some people will definitely be happyStandard smile

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 6 (1,277 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_David 

Can we have it so that when gamers buy an upgraded edition of a game, it will replace the standard edition to delux/goty. Gamers would love to see that.

Message 5 of 6 (904 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @sauceybooyy, I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

I will pass your feedback on.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (898 Views)