Origin forgetting not to ask me...

by Tetrapod

Original Post

Origin forgetting not to ask me...

★★★★ Novice

Just something I've been wondering. When I've told Origin to remember my login details, why does it STILL ask for them occasionally? 

It's the same with Steam - usually after an update. The requests are infrequent enough that there's no way I remember the password anymore, and after a few times having to reset it, I learned to actually write down a password tip for me in a text file on my computer. 

If I tell Origin to remember my login details, I actually want Origin to remember them until HELL FREEZES OVER. Until the universe dies a heat death, thousands of billions of years from now. Or at the very least, as long as I update my computer, and have to reinstall everything. I guess that'll have to do. But why ask for login details at random, infrequent times? It's just annoying.

Message 1 of 5 (573 Views)

Re: Origin forgetting not to ask me...

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Tetrapod 

I am really sorry for those issues with login in Origin client. I guess it depends on different system updates, you might have. What version of Windows are you using? I am using Windows 7 now, and Origin always keeps my login details. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will forward your post to our experts. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 5 (555 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It never remembers them for iOS - doesn't even give me an option to have them save, have to re-login every time I play Scrabble. DRIVES ME NUTS.  Not that I can login anyway - I'm getting the error that my login or password are incorrect and despite going through the process to "change" the password, still cannot login.

Message 3 of 5 (372 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @kerrythebari 

I am really sorry for those issues with login. Can you please get in touch with EA Advisers directly on this? Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 5 (334 Views)

EA DICE Team

@EA_Archi @Tetrapod

For safety reasons, Origin only stores your login details for a set period. This means that you will have to re-enter your login details every so often.

@kerrythebari

The Scrabble app is currently undergoing maintenance, that's why you are unable to log in. Please check this thread for updates:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Scrabble/Maintenance-Scrabble-Mobile-App/td-p/6274861

Message 5 of 5 (325 Views)