Re: Origin crashing game/game wont start

by sneakybeaky87

Original Post

Origin crashing game/game wont start

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So, I dont know if its something to do with an origin update but, on my PC  origin will crash on startup and when im not trying to access fifa, the game locks up and restarts my computer. On  my laptop, fifa wont even get past the first window where I can start game or changes audio or graphic settings. 

Update- Got the game to load up on my brand new laptop but, the same thing has happened. The game has locked up. Is there an old origin version I can revert to or is that me dead in the water until EA fix things.

Message 1 of 7 (475 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @sneakybeaky87 let's start by grabbing a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system for any issues: https://help.ea.com/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (420 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Here you go Darko Standard smile

I have performed 2 windows resets, 3 origins reinstall and 3 fifa reinstalls and the same thing happens. A recent update has done this to both my pc and my new laptop. I have now got the game to load again, however, it still freezes randomly, forcing the PC to reset. Laptop just freezes on the game and Im forced to close the application.

Message 3 of 7 (413 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @sneakybeaky87 I'm seeing a number of errors there so the best thing to do is go ahead and run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (368 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Hmm that’s a concerning as I reset the pc last night, before I sent you that log. Any ideas as to why it would be giving out errors after a reset ? Is it worth doing a clean install instead ?
I’ll undertake your steps prior to considering that though.
Message 5 of 7 (357 Views)

Community Manager

If you scroll down to the bottom of your DxDiag you'll see the errors listed. The scan tool will check for any errors and try a fix for any it finds @sneakybeaky87.

As for why, a reset is all well and good but it's no substitute for a clean install

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (350 Views)

★★★ Novice

I will tackle my PC after my working tour abroad ends but, what about my new laptop?

I was at least able to get on the game, albeit, it would freeze from time to time but, this latest PC title update has now stopped the game from opening on it as well. Its only 2 months old.

Message 7 of 7 (295 Views)