Origin classic DLC page - BioWare download links no longer working?

by Kenny32673

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin classic DLC page - BioWare download links no longer working?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

So a little while ago EA provided this download page which provided download links to various DLC for older "classic" games (for those who don't use those games on Origin).

However now the links to the DLC for BioWare titles - Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age II, Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2 no longer work. They redirect to an invalid link message on "Mass Effect Archives". Even worse, the links provided were the exact same links that people would find on their "Registered Content Page" on the BioWare Social Network. So now nobody can download their DLC to use in the non-Origin versions of their games.

Yes I am aware that the games can be redeemed on Origin (though most have issues redeeming Mass Effect 1) and I already have redeemed my Steam bought games myself on Origin but not everyone is going to want to do that.

Is this a mistake? Temporary? Permanent? Are these DLC going to be made available on "Mass Effect Archives" at some point and that's why the links point there?

Message 1 of 8 (7,946 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin classic DLC page - BioWare download links no longer working?

Community Manager

@Kenny32673 @ivrognard Thanks for flagging this, we'll look into what's happening here. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (9,735 Views)

All Replies

@Kenny32673 Mass Effect 2 links are still up (checked each one of them). DA2 dl links can still be accessed from the old BSN (checked them), so you might want ot grab them from there. They are not working from the support page, though. The DLC's for DA1 are indeed redirecting.

@Straatford87  any chance to forward this to the web team?! While i can understand the ME links forwarding to a ME archive (though the link has zero to do with the original ME), the DA links doing the same does not make any sense (checked each link for DA 1/2 and ME1/2 and only the ME2 links are still up)

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 8 (7,927 Views)

Community Manager

@Kenny32673 @ivrognard Thanks for flagging this, we'll look into what's happening here. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 8 (9,736 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_David@ivrognardAll the links have now been fixed.

Message 4 of 8 (7,888 Views)

@Kenny32673  Thanks for pointing that there was a problem with the links. Kind of surprised that weren't more reports about it, as both Dragon Age and Mass Effect series are quite popular.

May i suggest to backup the content on DVD's or a Blu-ray disc (depending on your writer)? If something happens again, you will have a ready solution until the problem is solved.

@EA_David  Thanks to you and ro the team for solving this so fast.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 8 (7,866 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for getting it to us so fast. There were other reports on this issue from other sources, but you guys were the first, so you get the kudos. :eahigh_file::D

Cheers!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (7,831 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_David

Sorry to drag this thread up again but it's relevant to the Classic DLC Page. Is there any chance of getting the promo DLC packs for Dragon Age Origins & Dragon Age II added to it now that the BSN download page has been taken down?

I realise they're available via Origin but for those who play it without Origin.

Message 7 of 8 (7,549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It seems the links for the ME1 DLC are not working again on https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/

People are getting an error message that says:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /storage/nawest1/ea-bioware.origin.cdn.level3.net/published/bioware/u/f/eagames/bioware/masseffect/dlc/MassEffect_BDtS_EFIGS.exe on this server.

Apache Server at ea-bioware.origin.cdn.level3.net Port 80"

Message 8 of 8 (4,436 Views)