Origin cannot remember my password and always said login credentials have expire

by forink

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin cannot remember my password and always said login credentials have expire

★★★ Apprentice

Hello, I have ever use the wrong password many times when I re-logged in to Origin, and finally it jogged my memory to get the correct password and logged successfully. Once I exited Origin or reboot the machine and re-open Origin, Origin will asking my password again and again. Even if it can play games normally, every time I open Origin, I always need to re-enter the password, which is very annoying. I think the problems may be occurred from the server or Origin because I try to test and got the same problems in different computers and networks. Please help me, thank you.

I have requested help from the help.ea.com customer service. After several tests and inquiries, they thought it was a bug in the program and asked me to post it here to request the help from an EA expert.

Message 1 of 10 (1,826 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin cannot remember my password and always said login credentials have ex

Community Manager

@forink In that case I would recommend reaching out to an advisor at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us to rule out any account issues. Standard smile

EACade

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (1,740 Views)

All Replies

Re: Origin cannot remember my password and always said login credentials have ex

Community Manager

@forink Can you try going ahead and enabling Log in verification within Origin:  Origin menu>Account and Privacy>Security> Log In verification> Turn On

This should ensure that your device is set as a Trusted Device and hopefully, your details will be remembered.

Let me know how you get on.

/darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This option is already enabled before. And my device is already in the trust list. As the attachment.

I can reproduce the error again, please see the demo ---> [Video removed, email address visible - Admin. Please do not post personal information on a public forum]

Message 3 of 10 (1,791 Views)

Community Manager

@forink In that case, can you ensure that your browser history and cache is not being deleted when you close down your browser, Origin is a modified browser and issues such as this can occur when your primary browser settings are set incorrectly. 

can you please try the following steps to see if they help

Clear Origin cache:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Delete temp files:

Open the Start Menu and type %temp%  or click on the Run option in the Start Menu and type %temp% in the Run field where you can press Enter and the Temp folder should open.

From here you can delete all files found in this folder.

Perform a Clean Boot of your PC: 

You can find the steps to do so here:  https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Run the setup file Origin with Admin rights:

The steps to do so are here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2 

Do update me on what happens.

/darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,778 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I have already "Clear Origin cache", "Delete temp files", "Perform a Clean Boot of my PC", and "Run the setup file Origin with Admin rights", even re-install the Windows 10 and re-install the Origin, but the problem still occurs.

Message 5 of 10 (1,762 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

When I try to install Origin in a clean installation of Windows 7 Virtual Machine, the problem still occurs.

Message 6 of 10 (1,757 Views)

Community Manager

@forink In that case I would recommend reaching out to an advisor at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us to rule out any account issues. Standard smile

EACade
Message 7 of 10 (1,741 Views)

Community Manager

@forink This sounds like it could be a permissions issue, can you check if the settings not saving is related to a permission issue?

What can be worth trying is going ahead and installing both Origin and the Origin Games folder to a different location than Program Files. You could try to create a folder such as C:\Games and install it there to see if it makes a difference.

Would you mind trying that please and updating me on how you get on?

/darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,718 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko@EA_Cade I just registered a fake account to log in, and set "Keep me signed-in", everything is fine, and I do exit the Origin and restart it is still kept me signed in.

If I use my own account to login and set "Keep me signed in, exit Origin and restart it, the problem still exist and ask me to login again and again.

In conclusion, I think it should the database bug or account issue.

Message 9 of 10 (1,707 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@forink I also see that the origin shop is quite often displaying sign in errors:
Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again later.
Maybe a general login issue at origin?
Message 10 of 10 (968 Views)