Re: Origin app not loading!

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Origin app not loading!

★ Novice

So I'm having and issue with the origin app not signing me in because I'm in offline mode. When I click go online it does nothing. Eventually this leads me to killing the task with task manager, but here is where the real problem starts. Right after I do that the app itself takes forever to open and once it does it just gives me the same issue with not being able to login because I am "offline". I've tried everything with trying to scan and repair any broken files a complete new install of windows, I've turned off my firewall and antivirus and nothing seems to work. I will add that I got a new SSD for christmas and once installed I was able to download and play apex with no issue for a day, but today I got home and the issue was back. I've talked to origins tech support and they gave me a link to download a different client but that client eventually breaks too. I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and if so how did they fix it?

Message 1 of 4 (455 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @RichieRich3414,

It's definitely weird that this would still be happening, even on a fresh Windows installation. Issues like this usually point to security software or other permissions issues, but it sounds like something else might be happening in this case. Do you have multiple drives installed in your PC, or did you replace your existing drive with that new SSD?

If you have another drive in your PC can you try installing Origin to that drive instead to see if that makes any difference at all? Let me know what happens when you're able. Thanks!

/Kent
Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (436 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried both harddrives in my computer and I get the same issue as I have been having. I just tried going to the the %ProgramData% origin file and deleting everything but the LocalContent file and then going to %AppData% file and deleting the Origin file along with going into the Local folder and deleting the Origin file and it still doesn't work. I included a windows snipet of what my client looks like after waiting 10 minutes after opening it.

Message 3 of 4 (404 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, I see. What happens if you set up a new admin user account on your PC and try launching Origin through there? I wonder if there's something going on with the permissions on this specific account that could be preventing Origin from loading up normally. 

For more info on how you can set up a new Admin user in Windows check out the Microsoft support website. Let me know if you're able to start up Origin on this different user account, or if you're still seeing the client as a blank, white window. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (355 Views)