Re: Origin Spotlight - Party Invites

by miniDarkNOVA

Original Post

Origin Spotlight - Party Invites

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

original.jpg

Hello everyone,

You’ve asked us to make it easier to join your friends’ session while playing the same game. In this Origin Spotlight, we’ll be taking a look at how we're making that happen with upcoming improvements to Origin Party Invites.

We’re updating the Party, and you’re Invited!

Previously, responding to a Party Invite within the same game required you to pause and exit your game. But every moment counts when you’re deep inside the action. We’ve heard your feedback loud and clear, so we’re making it possible for you to accept or decline an invite with a single click or keystroke. It’s never been easier to join your friends!

How does it work?

While in-game, just press Y or N to respond to a Party Invite. On your desktop? We’ve made that easier too. Simply click Accept or Decline. Your friend will be notified of your decision, and you’re on your way to join their session. Withdrawing from the Argonne Forest to aid a friend in the Sinai Desert? It’s only a click away!

Here’s what the new in-game and desktop invites look like:

In-Game Invite With Timer SS.jpg

Party Invite Desktop With Timer SS.jpg

How do I enable the new invite windows?

Simple. Just make sure that you’ve turned on notifications for Game invitations via Origin -> Application Settings -> Notifications. Prefer the old invite system? You can turn this option off via the same menu.

When does the party start?
Starting on April 17th, you can opt-in to the Origin beta via Application Settings -> Participate in Origin client betas, to try out the new Party Invites. Come May, the update will be made available for everyone. And as a bonus, we’re also looking at making it easier to join your friends that are playing another game.

With this Origin update, we’re excited about giving you the power to seamlessly party up with your friends. No matter which Battlefield you’re on.

Thoughts or questions? Let us know!

Message 1 of 18 (33,277 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

F YEAH That's cool I love it.

Message 2 of 18 (17,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I don't usually game with others because I've had some bad experiences - 13yr olds screaming, others hassling me cuz I'm a "girl", or maybe I just havent gotten that used to the game yet.

Buit this cpuld be an opportunity to interact with folks more (Agoraphobe), so it has the distint possibility to be great.

Raven

Message 3 of 18 (16,403 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Raveninred

We set it up this way so it becomes easier for you to connect with other players. We hope that it will be of use to you.. :-)

In the meantime, we're working on some other updates that I know our players are going to love. Stay tuned for more info coming in the Origin client, and on the Origin forums.

Cheers!

Message 4 of 18 (16,269 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Splitting players into different groups was the worst idea you guys had. Fixing it is nothing to be proud of.

Message 5 of 18 (15,777 Views)

★★ Novice

When I accept, it disconnects me from the match I play, even when my friend is in the same match. If I decline it, it disconnects me from the match as well. GJ EA, as always lol.

Message 6 of 18 (14,953 Views)

EA DICE Team

@SVOKRAplays_YT

This is the first report we've had about this happening, but it's a possible bug. I'll have our team check up on this.

In the meantime, in which game is this happening for you?

Message 7 of 18 (14,935 Views)

★★ Novice

It happens to me in Star Wars Battlefront, but I would say it isn´t rare bug, as my friend has the same issue as well. But anyways, thank you for your feedback.

Message 8 of 18 (14,794 Views)

EA DICE Team

@SVOKRAplays_YT

I really appreciate you reaching out to us with this information. Last request, could both you and your friend create an Origin Error Report and post the ID # here?

Cheers!

Message 9 of 18 (14,690 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it all way good play

all the time

Message 10 of 18 (13,567 Views)