Re: Origin Spotlight - On the House: Syberia 2

by Retro-Pathfinder

Original Post

Origin Spotlight - On the House: Syberia 2

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

syberia-ii-standard-edition_pdp_3840x2160_en_WW.jpg

Hello everyone,

We're excited to announce the new On the House title: Syberia 2!

1050422_LB_231x326_en_US_^_2017-02-10-13-31-10_3738f07e3722d0453e31e4f4bc01220849a6e014.jpg

Journey in search of the last of the fabled Syberian mammoths at the heart of a long and forgotten universe. Far and beyond, a mystical Syberia awaits your arrival…

You can now pick up Syberia 2 for free via the Origin Store.

How do you like the new On the House title? Have you played Syberia 2 before? Let us know!

Message 3 of 19 (865 Views)

Re: when does the next On The House game come out?

Hero (Retired)

Thanks for Syberia II! It's a good gift. So many wonderful memories from my childhood. :eahigh_file: Party hat

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 1 of 19 (868 Views)

Re: when does the next On The House game come out?

Syberia 1+2 offered quite a trip. I loved how Kate evolved along the series, how her life changed during her unforeseen grand adventure. 

I will always fondly remember Boris and Helena from the original game and Oscar (which appeared in both games). Problem with Syberia is that it plays on your emotions, touching chords that you might not even knew that existed inside you. 

I replayed both games quite a few times since release and i always get emotional while playing them. The whole mood of the games is fantastic, music fits the imagery perfect, helping you to actually immerse in the game. You will develop a real attachment to the characters, something that happens rarely in the more recent games. 

So, i'd fully recommend to grab both games (free or otherwise), if you didn't do it by now (i already own them on both Steam and GOG). You definitely won't regret the time spent in the world of Syberia.

For other obscure stuff, you should also play Amerzone. Syberia has quite a few references to it. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 19 (873 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@ivrognard @Retro-Pathfinder

Merged your posts into this thread.

Enjoy! And I know you will especially, @Retro-Pathfinder, as you've told us recently that you really enjoyed these games Standard smile

Message 4 of 19 (860 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Straatford87

My relatives very liked to play Syberia. When I came to them I was curious about it and they gave me their disk. Also I spent my time with Still live. Creepy thing but interesting.

I thought that you don't put non EA titles into this program.

Message 5 of 19 (829 Views)

@Retro-Pathfinder If you liked Still Life (1+2), i would recommend Post Mortem, too. Post Mortem is basically a prequel to those two games. You also should try Paradise and Sinking Island.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 19 (826 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ivrognard

I've heard about these games but never had a chance to try them. There is a magazine with article about Paradise.

Message 7 of 19 (820 Views)

@Retro-Pathfinder Sinking Island and Paradise were in bundles and are at quite some discount in the Steam sales, but i'd recommend Post Mortem and Still Life to be bought on GOG. The series had some issues with the modern OS and only the GOG version were stable. 

Message 8 of 19 (816 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thank you for your advice, @ivrognard!

Message 9 of 19 (801 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Retro-Pathfinder

This is a first for us in terms of putting a non-EA game On the House. Having said that, I don't have anything to share about future similar plans for OTH, but it certainly opens up some interesting doors Standard smile

If I can find the time, I will finally try and play this as well as you did make me curious! 

Message 10 of 19 (796 Views)