Origin Spotlight - Managing Your Games and EA Account

by Straatford87

Original Post

Origin Spotlight - Managing Your Games and EA Account

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Origin Spotlight is a series aimed at highlighting functions and news related to the Origin client. You can also check out our previous installments of Origin Spotlight.

original.jpg

What to do with an empty game library and missing games? That is one of the most commonly asked questions that we receive, regarding Origin. In this edition, we will take a look at how your Origin Game Library connects with your EA Account to help you manage your games.

Help, my games have gone missing!

They probably haven't. Let us explain so we can say goodbye to that problem once and for all, shall we? It is important to know that you register your games to your EA Account, and not to your computer. Let's find out below how that works in practice.

You only ever need to create one EA Account. Once you've done that, you will be able to register all your games to that specific EA Acccount. To access your games going forward, all you have to remember is the email or ID, and the password, that was originally chosen when first creating the account. So.. write those down!

When you know your account information, it means that you can access your games when you want, and from where you want. So is it too loud in the living room to play your games? Just head upstairs where it's quiet, and continue playing on another computer. All you need is Origin installed on your system, and your EA account:

OriginLogin.PNG

So, my games aren't missing?

Nope. Not at all! You've most likely created a new EA account and, since you haven't registered your games to that new account, it is empty. So now that you understand how to log in to your correct EA Account (you did write down the details, did you?), we've provided an overview that gives you some extra tips on how to manage your games:

OriginGameLibraryDescriptions.PNG

Phew, that is good to know. I was really scared that my games had vanished!   

That was scary, right? But we don't make games vanish. Instead, by having an EA Account combined with Origin, we help keep all your games bundled together so that you can focus on what you enjoy - playing your favorite games! And to make sure your library doesn't feel empty, we even give away free games!

And lastly, if for any reason you still can't find your games, then don't hesitate to ask for the help of an EA Advisor - they will be more than happy to help you out. 

How did Origin help you manage your games? Is there a way we can make it even easier for you? Let us know!

Message 1 of 21 (8,273 Views)

Re: Origin Spotlight - Managing Your Games and EA Account

★★ Apprentice

i think when uninstalling a game instead of just going to the add/remove and have the user locate the game on the installed list i think origin should at least run the uninstaller same time with a prompt to continue or decline/refuse the process altogether.

Message 2 of 21 (6,634 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Mug3nXK

Hi there,

Thank you for adding your feedback.

So what you mean is that when a player uninstalls a game via the control panel, you would like to see Origin handle this process, and give an additional confirmation before the game gets uninstalled?

It is worth noting that you currently cannot permanently remove games from your Origin library.

Message 3 of 21 (6,608 Views)

★★ Apprentice

hey Tom, what i mean is when i have a game installed on my system when i right click on it on origin and choose to uninstall it ...it just opens the control panel on windows on the add/remove programs list and you have to locate the game on that list then trigger the actual uninstall process ...what i mean like on steam when you trigger a game uninstall process it removes it from the client side it would be nice if origin can at least trigger the uninstaller instead of having to do it manually from the add/remove programs section on windows.

Message 4 of 21 (6,601 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Mug3nXK

I get it now - thanks for clarifying!

That's a great piece of feedback, and I agree that this would make the uninstall process for players that much easier. I will send this up for review for you.

Thanks again for taking the time to share with us Standard smile

Message 5 of 21 (6,524 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Message 6 of 21 (6,169 Views)

EA DICE Team

@0006bffdf583a12d

It appears that you've made an empty post.

Anything that you would like to chat with us about? Standard smile

Message 7 of 21 (6,126 Views)

★★ Novice

hi tom i need some help i downloaded origin agian after about a year to play some simcity but my game have disaperd from my account and no i dont have any other accounts after that my freind and i had a save toghter and the account i am logged on to is the only account he is freinds with plsa help 

-kasper 

Message 8 of 21 (5,276 Views)

★★ Novice

i bought it on cd a cople of years ago 2014 to be precis 

and i dont have the cd plz help untill now the only thinng i got from origin support is nothing

Message 9 of 21 (5,271 Views)

EA DICE Team

@oertoft2

Hi,

If you have the product code available then support can look it up for you:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

If you don't know the product code for the game then they can still search, but I can't guarantee that they will be able to find your account.

Message 10 of 21 (5,226 Views)