Origin Spotlight - Login Verification Improvements

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Origin Spotlight - Login Verification Improvements

★★★ Novice
Hey Tom, Actually my FUT 18 account got banned 2 weeks ago..I sent a petition as well to lift my ban, but they said that they did investigate and my account was found cheating.
I am at no fault since my account was being someone else as well..Please help me out.
Thanks...
Message 11 of 20 (1,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

nice 

Message 12 of 20 (1,203 Views)

EA DICE Team

@LilaJean

Hi there,

It sounds like your account has been hacked. To get this sorted, please reach out to support and they will look into this for you:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

@Sn4z

We had a similar comment on that request in this thread. I don't have any information on such plans to share right now, but the feedback has been forwarded.

@saket20

I can't comment on terms of service issues as that is solely handled by that dedicated team. If you've still got any questions, please send them an email again and they will check it out for you.

@amna0othman1

Glad to hear you are liking the new update. If you've got any further comments, we would love to hear them.

As a side note to all, the newest Origin update went live just yesterday. You can read about it, here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Origin-Spotlight-Improving-the-Download-Experience/td-p...

Kind regards,

Message 13 of 20 (1,189 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is quite possibly the worst security change you could've possibly made. Email and SMS is not a secure 2FA method and should not be enabled when a user has opted into using an app authenticator. You are poking an unwanted hole in many people's account security just because a few people are too stupid to keep track of their recovery codes. Why did I even bother setting up an app authenticator when all somebody needs is access to my email? Please revert this change or add an option to disable email and SMS verification for those of us who actually care about security.

Message 14 of 20 (932 Views)

EA DICE Team

@D3matt

To clarify: turning on multiple verification methods is optional. If having only an app authenticator works for you, then you're still good to go.

Message 15 of 20 (913 Views)

★ Novice

Just click on contact us and go for web chat. Exactly the same happened to me -  I only had to wait around three minutes and the advisor was able to completely resolve this issue.

Message 16 of 20 (839 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks alot EA for lifting my ban it's been about 4 months since I last played and good to actually get back into it...For the People out there in same situation have some patience, continue Pleading INNOCENT (If u actually are)and continue floating the Emails,they would surely consider it..
Message 17 of 20 (771 Views)

EA DICE Team

@saket20

Oh man, that sounds like a harsh wait - sorry to hear it took so long! Great news that your back in the game though - I can only imagine how excited you must be to get back into the game.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Message 18 of 20 (757 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, i need some help, my account was blocked because i failed too many times the password, now i dont have access to the email of the other account, can someone help me? 

i have talk to the support but i got no help, srry for bad english i'm from Argentina...

Message 19 of 20 (681 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Joakiink

Only support can reset your account. I'm not sure what you've discussed previously with them, but try hitting them up again via EA Help:

https://help.ea.com/en/

Message 20 of 20 (638 Views)