Re: Origin Spotlight - Login Verification Improvements

by MisterXistEnce

Original Post

Origin Spotlight - Login Verification Improvements

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

original.jpg 

Welcome to another edition of Origin Spotlight! In this edition, we’re focusing on Login Verification, and how it’s improved to make sure you’re fully in charge of your account security.

KEEPING YOUR ACCOUNT SECURE JUST GOT EASIER
Login Verification helps keep your account safe. Whenever you log in from a new or unrecognized device, we’ll send you a one-time verification code so we know it’s you.

Can’t access your verification code? No worries! We’re solving that problem by giving you more verification options to choose from.

WHAT’S CHANGING?
Instead of having just one method to verify yourself, it’s now possible to choose from multiple methods, on the fly:

• Primary email
  • Secondary email
  • Text message
  • Authenticator

Sounds good? First log in to your account settings page, and enable the options you want to use via the Security tab. Got your preferred methods set up? You’ll be able to select any method you’ve enabled next time you login.

And while you’re at it, be sure to View and store your Backup Codes. You can use them as an emergency login.

Client login:

LoginVerificationClientEN.PNG

Locked out of your account? Ain’t nobody got time for that! With multiple verification methods, you’re always ready to login, and your account is secure too! 

Web login:

LoginVerificationEN.PNG

WANT TO TALK TO US ABOUT THESE CHANGES?
Check out the full Origin Patch Notes, and drop us a comment on the Origin forums to let us know what you think - we would love to hear from you!

Message 1 of 20 (29,632 Views)

★★ Apprentice

this is pretty nice since my phone seem to have some form of demonic possession and freaks out on me and i have to call EA support to remove the authenticator off my account when that happens ....this now adds more options so if i lose access to one i can use the other good stuff...keep up the good work.

Message 2 of 20 (22,389 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Something that I missing is a iOS/Android official app to make purchases with my phone, my friendlist to chat and receive a direct code to check my access on origin like a google authenticator.

Message 3 of 20 (18,141 Views)

★★ Novice

agreed, they don't even have an app to authenticate, we have to use google authenticator, this is lame, and can't be trusted

Message 4 of 20 (16,899 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

You can use the Authy app if you didn't know...

Message 5 of 20 (14,005 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Several companies are using Google Authenticator, this is good idea because you can verify you Gmail, EA acc and many other accounts in one app, can you imagine what would be if for every acc you had one app? this if for you, not for EA Wink

Message 6 of 20 (13,865 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thought they would fix the issue of Origin signing me out all the time?!?! I use to be able to stay on for hours/ days.. but now it kicks me off my games closes... its to the point I play something else instead of signing on to Origin.. Frown

Message 7 of 20 (13,810 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Mug3nXK

That's one of the main reasons why we implemented this. We should always have you covered now Standard smile

@rolvr

Do you mean like an Origin social app to stay in touch with your friends, combined with the ability to also authenticate and make purchases? I agree that it would of course be ideal, but it's something we would have to investigate first.

@Nosttromo

As mentioned by @Liquid_Sssnake - we do this specifically so you don't have to install multiple apps when logging in to separate accounts you may have Standard smile

@redpeanutt97

I personally haven't seen widespread reports of this issue. It might be something on your system that we can look into fixing.

Could you first create an Origin Error Report and post the Report ID for me here? Once that is done, please clear the Origin cache and then run Origin as administrator (right-click Origin, select Run as Administrator).

Let me know if that helps Standard smile

Message 8 of 20 (13,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Security question is in Russin i think. I've tried multiple times to get ahold of someone and see if they can fix it. I'm English. Is there a way for me to change it? Would really like to update my email and this is the last program i need to update.

Message 9 of 20 (12,685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i really hope that you gonna launch a app similar to steams "shop/chat/friends/authenticator" app

Message 10 of 20 (12,510 Views)