Origin Spotlight - January Updates

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Origin Spotlight - January Updates

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

need to add option in origin to can send my game to any one play it or remove from my Library to use product code in anther emil to play it hope do that

Spoiler

Message 21 of 37 (918 Views)

EA DICE Team

@biohazardgang

Our aim for a great shopping experience on Origin is to offer purchases as a one-click solution. For situations where it's likely that you do want to purchase multiple items - such as during sales - we do offer a "click and drag" shopping cart.

If that is not to your liking, we're open to hearing what the most comfortable shopping experience would be for you.

@1Turk06

Who doesn't love a great game bundle! We don't have any information to share about "new or upcoming" bundles at the moment, but we'll definitely take the suggestions into account.

@SandWormJr

Hi,

I will forward the feedback to allow making the Origin window even smaller. I will do the same for adding further (smaller) zoom sizes. Before I forward this, would you like to add further comments about how such changes would make your Origin experience better?

@MOSTAFA_100_100

Your request would fall under the "family sharing" option, which is something we're reviewing.

As for removing product codes, for now we intentionally don't offer this option as it has the potential for abuse, specifically by hackers (sadface).

Thanks all for sharing your comments! Please reach out to me here any time for feedback and non-support related questions and I'll get back to you.

Message 22 of 37 (880 Views)

★★ Novice

@Straatford87,

By saying 'even smaller' it sounds like I'm asking for something difficult, but the Origin client minimum window size has only been growing more and more in the past years. What prompted me to write here was another step up in minimum size after a recent update.

There is no practical reason to forcibly prevent the window from resizing a good deal smaller than it can now - there is enough white space left on the top and left to place all UI buttons/widgets a second time and still have room to spare. Which means the client window could easily be taking only 25% of it's current screen space while still comfortably retaining all UI elements.

If in addition the game icons themselves (My Game Library) could be zoomed smaller, it would still allow for a good portion of the library to be directly clickable without needing to scroll.

I add two screenshots to show what I mean, and hopefully to make my point of how it could be better. The first is a screenshot with the Origin client at the minimum size it allows right now, which shows how much of the screen real estate it eats up. Then I made a mock-up of how much smaller the client could easily be without losing any functionality or ease of use.

At that smaller size, I could be tempted to leave the Origin window permanently open, instead of constantly closing it to the systray (or leaving it hidden behind other applications) because of how unwieldy it has become.

Having people keep the client open and front in a screen corner instead of constantly minimizing it to reclaim screen space is actually more in your benefit than in ours - more chance of us interacting with it. Think about it.

Message 23 of 37 (861 Views)

EA DICE Team

@SandWormJr

This is great! Thank you for the extra context - the feedback has been forwarded.

Kind regards,

Message 24 of 37 (851 Views)

★★ Novice

Why have you added Batman games to Origin access and then when you click on them takes you to the store and gives you a discount when buying it ? I thought access was for games that was free to play when you have the Vault subscription.

If you are starting to do this instead of adding games I can get for free then I will stop my Subscription as I thought that Vault was games you could play while having an Access subscription its been a while now since new games have been added and the last games you added was at a discounted price with your Access subscription.  

Message 25 of 37 (828 Views)

★★ Novice

The one thing that gripes me with Origin is when you play a demo you can't get rid of it from origin.

I played demo's from the battlefield series ( BF1, Star wars , Star wars 2  ) and Fifa , but when I either get the game via Access sub or buy the game the Demo is still there and updates, I end up having 2 versions of that game and have to hide the demo version which still updates in the background.

You should add an uninstall option for Demo's or once you own the game the Demo should be removed automatically. 

Message 26 of 37 (824 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Azorees

Hi Azorees,

Thank you for reaching out!

1. Have you since your post been able to add the Batman's game to your account? If not, try clearing the Origin cache - this article explains how you can do that: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/ - please do let me know if that doesn't help, as that means there might be an issue with the Vault. In that case, I will have it checked out for you.

2. I'll make sure that your request to be able to remove game demos is logged as feedback. Our team will then take a look at the possibilities.

Give me a shout if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Message 27 of 37 (799 Views)

Dot.: Origin Spotlight - January Updates

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Straatford87 It was nice to hear you Tom Wink

Can we expect the option to be added:

- compare your achievements with friends?

Message 28 of 37 (774 Views)

EA DICE Team

@1Guma

Hey Gumea!

I can definitely put in a request with the Origin team. Thanks for the suggestion :-)

Message 29 of 37 (763 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Straatford87 In the older version (~ a year ago) it was possible Wink

Message 30 of 37 (764 Views)