Original Post

Re: Origin Spotlight - Improving the Download Experience

EA DICE Team

@TDLDustin

Hi,

There are some things you can check to try and speed up the download:

• Restart your modem / router
  • Check your network for other traffic
  • Turn on Safe Mode Downloading via Origin -> Application Settings -> Diagnostics

If none of this helps, then there's always our connection troubleshooting thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Complete-Support-Origin-Connection-Issues/td-p/5019298

Hopefully that will speed up your download.

Kind regards,

Message 31 of 44 (1,167 Views)

★★ Novice

Could you add at origin Add people or group to talk with people looks like as skype? I know that it is out of topic

Message 32 of 44 (1,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie
this is funny because it's BS. Game crashing. Errors downloading. Nothing has changed.
Message 33 of 44 (962 Views)

EA DICE Team

@MarieAudra

If you are struggling with game crashes or downloads, do please create a topic on the Origin support section so it can be looked at:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/O-2

Thank you,

Message 34 of 44 (944 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so I bought a game and everytime I go to download it says I have insufficient drive space and so I "change location" to my dropbox account folder and it still wont let me, or a 4Gb sdCard or usb drive, but this could b bc of the est. setup memory on this "sdaCard & usb" but I don't understand the not downloading to the dropbox file that has 20some Gb's of space....?? Please help

Message 35 of 44 (922 Views)

★★★ Novice
Smooth debatable but Origin is hands down the slowest download of any site I have ever downloaded from, no not my connection or computer it's all on you. Did your lil Uo w/e test and said excellent. I tried to play a game I have installed on my computer through Origin (EA) and it never starts yet it says I played the game yesterday, tried to play Dragon Age inquisition 5 days in a row and it never worked, yet I used to play it often. I have sent in help requests and don't receive replies. Amazingly I transfered a game I bought from a store to my Origin game library and it actually works. I'm baffled at how this enterprise stays in business.
Message 36 of 44 (900 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i'm having the same issues. need 4 speed hasn't worked even one time yet it says i've played 20 hours
Message 37 of 44 (854 Views)

★ Guide

You cannot improve something that is so bad. I have to purchase from Amazon and then enter my code here. 

This is a tool that is so utterly useless, it cannot process a credit card transaction from 3 of the biggest banks in the world because I live between countries.  STEAM gets it right, GOG gets it right, several hundred other companies can get it right but EA. No. A snowball juggler has more chance plying his trade through hell.

Message 38 of 44 (832 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Two weeks ago, my PC was hacked, I was on it when this happens because I neve leave my PC running alone.  Down loads and pickup were they left off at.

After wiping my hard drive and re=instating my OS, I then reloaded Origin.  Now all of my games and other programs and saves were on another drive. (OS = C:/ game drive= D:/)

After getting origins installed I set the download to the drive where the games were.  As I told the first game to download it read that the games was already there and verified the install.  

So on  and so on till I got all my game reset and a couple of the get an update with them.

Robert

Message 39 of 44 (756 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes i have same problem but it will take 3 days to download

Message 40 of 44 (640 Views)