Origin Spotlight - Improving the Download Experience

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Origin Spotlight - Improving the Download Experience

EA DICE Team

@AnsjovisEngeltje

Hey,

Thanks for letting us know - that's good feedback and I will forward that so we can investigate on improving that function.

Kind regards,

Message 21 of 44 (956 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Or you could change the download folder to where the games already are. I think if you were to move the game it wouldn't be on your external HD anymore. I'm not sure though I don't know if I read your answer right.

Message 22 of 44 (929 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm really loving the new Origin, good job! Wink

Message 23 of 44 (925 Views)

★ Apprentice
Nope definately sure it's not verifying it doesn't take 5 days and a lot of Internet to verify files.
For other games like mass effect 2 an fifa 17demo it verifies files an it's done. But for this specific game I always have to download it again.
Message 24 of 44 (920 Views)

★★ Novice

@Straatford87 you might be able to help me here. So I'm trying to download The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Expansion pack, it says I have it, but it tells me to download it, so it hasn't installed. I've tried everything the people on Chat have told me to and nothing has worked. I know there are heaps more people having this problem as well, but I was hoping you might have some ideas on how to download it. I didn't preorder it or anything, I got it after it came out. Please help us.

Thank you.

Message 25 of 44 (906 Views)

EA DICE Team

@BLACK_R0SE_221 @horsemad123abc

Just a heads up that we would like to keep this thread for dedicated feedback on the newly released functions. Your best bet to get answers for any Origin issues is to either post on the Origin Technical Issues forums, or to reach out to support via EA Help:

Answers HQ is a community drive website, so if you post your questions inside another thread than what your issue is about, users that want to help might miss your issue Frown

Message 26 of 44 (884 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi my nameis bethany and I’m new on here and wanted to make some friends

Message 27 of 44 (868 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What about an option to change language without redownloading the whole game?

Just like Steam, Origin could download missing required language files only.

Message 28 of 44 (856 Views)

EA DICE Team

@tacocat1654

Hi Bethany, welcome to the Origin forums! If you're looking for some friends, be sure to check out our "Welcome" topic:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Welcome-Introduce-yourself/td-p/5899544

@Ditorius

It's not a single button as you're referring to, but this option is already present in Origin. Depending on the game, you can:

1. Go to the Extra Content menu and download a language pack
  2. Right-click the game and select Game Properties -> Advanced Launch Options to select your game language

If there's any feedback you have on those options, then feel free to share that here as well Standard smile

Kind regards,

Message 29 of 44 (846 Views)

★★★ Newbie

definitely isn't improved, in fact it's worse. Trying to download battlefront 2 and its saying it'll take 24 hours. I've been installing for about an hour and I'm only at one percent. I know it isn't my internet because I've downloaded games roughly the size of Battlefront 2 in 2-3 hours

Message 30 of 44 (842 Views)