Re: What's the point in Origin points?

by GTFOorPTFO

Original Post

Re: Origin Points

★★★ Newbie

ahahaahah omg this is hilarious really..

who cares about my gaming prowess on Origin???? 

Hey you know i have xxxx point on Origin! woooow!! so lucky! lol

really guys, it's one of the best jokes ever made!

EA rocks! (i mean not...!)

oh well i will continue collecting rocks for my collection and show them off to all my friends when they visit 

why not look at how Uplay is doing?
giving free wallpapers, some small minimum upgrades, cosmetic stuff, just any sort of rewards would make much more sense then just my gaming prowess lol i can't even write it :D

Message 211 of 268 (1,728 Views)

Re: Where can I spend my Origin Points?

★★ Novice

This is by far the best suggestion.
We've been waiting a good long while, and google directs everyone to a post where it is suggested they will eventually be used for something. Change points to score and problem solved.

Also, it's pretty lame that you didn't come up with anything to use them for.

@ChewbaccaKab00m wrote:

WOW. A 4 year old thread about a convoluted issue that still leaves people confused. WELCOME TO E.A.!

In 2014 a rep hinted that the points may become spendable (why give out so many origin points for being on E.A. access?)..

They have made it clear they will NOT make them spendable. .... HEY ORIGIN PEEPS, CHANGE THE NAME OF THE POINTS TO "ORIGIN SCORE". Problem solved.

Message 212 of 268 (1,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow I thought these points could actually do something...

Message 213 of 268 (915 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I bet my Origin points can beat up YOUR Origin points
Message 214 of 268 (2,118 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

years and years later we a re still no further forward on what Origin points are for lol

Message 215 of 268 (1,948 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have  2 k origin points would be nice spend them on new Battlefield V game

Message 216 of 268 (1,838 Views)

★★ Novice

Origin is a really crappy launch service. Just a way for EA to make more bucks off your back with trashware.

Message 217 of 268 (1,670 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Agree

Message 218 of 268 (1,569 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@IIPrest0nII wrote:

Hi @Anthonyfranken

Origin Points is still in development, nothing we know what the future will be of it. But stay tuned - it must be something cool!

4 years later and there is still no point to the points.  Origin hasn't changed since launch.  EA blows donkey.

Message 219 of 268 (1,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I just realized I went forward a couple years reading these posts. Here's the deal. It's been years since anything has happened with Origin Points and I highly doubt there will be anything in the years to come. So, that said, DONT worry about it. There is no reason to be upset about points that have no meaning. Just find games you enjoy, play them, and have fun. Doing anything else is quite... Pointless. :eahigh_file:

Message 220 of 268 (1,363 Views)