Re: Where can I spend my Origin Points?

by YourPapaw

Original Post

Re: Origin Points

Hero (Retired)

Patience, @vlascici!

I believe that Origin X is tabula rasa and we have an opportunity to build it from zero. Also I think It is incorrect to compare Origin and Steam, or Origin and Uplay. Most users are accustomed to Steam/Uplay and they started to find some disadvantages in Origin.

My first gaming client was Origin IX so I'm free from any prejudices. 

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 151 of 268 (823 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So if the Origin Points have no purpose, what the hell have them at all? Really create a purpose for them or just remove the Origin Point system.

Message 152 of 268 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@smkngnz

Just think of it as being able to boast about your "strength" on Origin when comparing with your friends. For example, some people are game collectors and Origin points show you a collection score.

It's different from achievements in that you don't have to do anything special to be awarded the Points when you already own the game.

Message 153 of 268 (765 Views)

Re: What's the point in Origin points?

★★ Novice

Its now 2017 and still no answer from Origin on thier point system. Not that it matters all that much at this point as Steam seems to be a much more organized platform. I honestly dont believe i said that as i hated steam when it first came out. But unless Origin comes up with some amazing thing to do with their points, they will just be a cosmetic thing to look at for now.

Message 154 of 268 (1,831 Views)

★★★ Pro

@ironside31 I want to be honest. Origin program is not improved. Deleting an old website was not necessary. I have no idea who manages it. Sure not a player.

If you are interested in some achievements: http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Origin-Achievements-FAQ/td-p/5937140

Message 155 of 268 (593 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ironside31

Hi,

The current main thread with a proper explanation for the points can be found here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Origin-Points/td-p/3173256

You can also check the thread referred to by @1Guma

Kind regards,

Message 156 of 268 (588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So this thread has been around since 2014 and usage of Origin points are still in development?

Just remove the point system as they don't show anything different from said achievements if someone wants to view them.

How about showing years of account instead or number of games linked to account?

Imagine going to a video arcade where after playing games you get tickets. The more games the play the more tickets you accumulate. In this video arcade there isn't a prize counter so you can't really doing anything with the tickets you won....

Message 157 of 268 (722 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

-OriginPoints-

i Don't know how to Earn points

- Can you Please Help ?

Message 158 of 268 (696 Views)

EA DICE Team

@GameTime-Online

You can earn Points by owning games on Origin.

The Points then show you the total "Origin score" that you have. It's just a visual thing though - similar to achievements, you can't do anything with them.

Hope this helps!

Message 159 of 268 (1,935 Views)

★★ Apprentice

"i Don't know how to Earn points"

Achievements.  Either In-game or within Origin.  In Origin, View Profile.  Under Achievement tab, mouse over one of your games listed a click button to View Details.  Scroll down the list to see which Achievement you have or have not unlocked and the Origin Points rewards for them.  Points are based on difficulty and commonality of the achievements (percent of people who obtained them).  

You also receive Origin Points for things, like posting on the Forums.  

Message 160 of 268 (1,765 Views)