Re: Where can I spend my Origin Points?

★ Guide

^Read two posts above you.

Message 101 of 268 (2,523 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@RustedRoot

Free games and DLC is indeed the suggestion I've seen the most regarding Origin Points. But in my opinion it is also not the most original idea, so I am always eager to hear if a player has a unique idea that no one has thought of yet.

Or, when talking about getting free games or DLC with the points, elaborate a bit more about how you would see that working.

Message 102 of 268 (2,468 Views)

★ Novice

I had my eyes on them for a while! That * is only for ranking porpouse so far....

Message 103 of 268 (2,400 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Straatford87 You really still need more input on how to do what with your own made up stuff after 3-4 years of not doing anything? Is the lack of quality original customer ideas and proposals really the problem? Doesn't EA pay some sort of PR or Design or Marketing person? Because this is rather easy to figure out and the only wrong answer really is doing nothing.

I have never said this, but look at UPlay, because they deal way better with their weird fake currency. If they can do it, why can't you? Even if it is just silly ingame items, backgrounds or stuff like that, at least they are doing something! https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Faqs/000012380/What-Are-Uplay-Units

I mean if the Origin Points are not good for anything, then why even have them?

Message 104 of 268 (2,212 Views)

★★ Novice
An ideea , wallpapers , free old games , soundtracks
Message 105 of 268 (2,203 Views)

★★ Novice

Who needs originality when we can get games/dlc for free? :D

Message 106 of 268 (2,135 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

@mrmonsieurcgn

Of course we have our own ideas of what to do with the points. And it is clear that players would obviously be pleased with free games or DLC. But what we would also like to know from players like yourself, is if you would be happy with for example an Origin skin etc.

I personally hoped that it would be fun for you and other players to discuss Origin and its future. But I certainly understand if that is not your thing Standard smile

Having said that, for us it currently isn't a matter of if we can do it, but rather the question of when. We've recently spend a lot of time updating the Origin client itself, which now opens up free time to make improvements elsewhere, such as with Points. It can also happen sometimes that developmental priorities change. For example, plans to completely overhaul the client might have not been made yet when we first introduced Points - do note that this part is just an example, as I wasn't present during the introduction of Points.

@BalanLiviu

Thanks for sharing!

@SplinterFrancis

Well, I completely agree there. You can never go wrong with free stuff! But we do already have our On The House promotions which offers free games, hence the question of what other type of stuff players would love to see Standard smile

Message 107 of 268 (2,102 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87

I've got a proposal on how to use origin points:

Origin points could give you a certain origin "guild" rank. Reaching a certain "guild" rank could get you a coupon code of (for example) 5 euro or dollar which you can spend freely in the origin store. This gives you the joy of climbing in the ranks AND you will get a substantial reward for doing it. Another option is a seperate server for certain ranks where exclusive in game extra's could be obtained for certain games. The higher your rank, the more exclusive your reward will be.

Message 108 of 268 (2,330 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

I like it.. Standard smile

Thanks for sharing!

Message 109 of 268 (2,322 Views)

★ Guide

Origin points were implemented 3 years ago. In 3 years, with or without community input, one would think a purpose for them would have been in place by now.

My advice: Instead of looking for random community input in a forum topic tucked away in the Answer HQ forums, perhaps a public news announcement asking the community for input would be a better approach to gathering ideas.

So in 3 years, they are basically, still pointless. No pun intended.

Message 110 of 268 (2,314 Views)