Re: Where can I spend my Origin Points?

by mpb114

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

It's amazing how strong the salt is. Thank you for the response.

Message 91 of 268 (6,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Origin Points (which you cant redeem for anything ) sound suspiciously similar to "Microsoft Points"( redeemable on Xbox one Store for game discounts ) and are EA's attempt to fool the unwary.  So what are origin points?  In a nutshell, marketing.  Marketing, and nothing more.

This isn't the first sleazy move on EAs part.' Just think logically a moment -- why in the world would it be necessary to visibly display these points before the system is complete?  Your answer is flat out BS.  Origin points are an attempt to influence the unwary in their origin access subscription or game purchase decisions.

Message 92 of 268 (6,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

[admin edit: profanity - please see our rules & guidelines]

Message 93 of 268 (6,099 Views)

Re: Origin Points

★★ Novice

"I also cannot imagine that players would buy games just for the sake of Origin Points."

You greatly underestimate some gamers needs to show of that they are better at games than other gamers, this is a technique that has been used for decades, its psychological trickery, and until you actually reveal...well...anything, it remains that way, there is no argument to this, games developers and publishers (like yourselves) spend tens of thousands a year researching things like that, how do i know this?, I've been a part those research teams.
Message 94 of 268 (3,492 Views)

Re: origin points

★★★ Novice

@EA_Mai wrote:

Hi @NeMsY,

I merged your post here because EA_Tom already answered your question here. Please, take a look to his post Wink

-Mai

I'd have to say this is marketing and nothing more.  There really is no reason to even display the points.

Message 95 of 268 (3,202 Views)

Re: Origin Points

★★★ Novice

they could just make the origin points for discounts then other people would buy games and get more origin points and buy more games so yeah they can prob earn money on it but they will never be that smart

Message 96 of 268 (3,384 Views)

Re: origin points

★ Guide

Well, here we are in the Future and still no additional information on Origin Points. I agree with the above poster, they should remove them unless they definitely plan something worthwhile with them.

Message 97 of 268 (3,067 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

what game DLCs can i get with these points

Message 98 of 268 (3,889 Views)

★ Guide

^ None. Read the entire topic. The points are pointless.

Message 99 of 268 (3,875 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mpb114 @RustedRoot

We are still saving their full implementation for some point in the future, but if you have cool ideas to share for Points then we would love to hear them Standard smile

Message 100 of 268 (3,868 Views)