Re: Where can I spend my Origin Points?

by Yippee_ea_io

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Guide

InGodsArmy. Have you read all the previous posts? Origin points are definitely NOT for purchasing anything! Bioware points are.

Message 21 of 268 (10,990 Views)

★★★ Guide

Supergoof. You're right, there is no way to spend Origin points, coz they're not a form of currency. They're an overly complicated & confusing achievements monitoring system. Why Origin decided to go with a points system instead of the industry standard of named achievement badges, only Origin in their mysterious wisdom know. Also, they only apply to a handful of games & my guess is they're now redundant, despite their 'big plans for achievements and Origin Points are in the works, so stay tuned.' notice.

I've got Bioware points, which are a form of currency, but I too have yet to find anything I want to spend them on, so I feel your disappointment!

I think all of us with Origin games, know that EA/Origin are an enigmatic company, somewhat mysterious & aloof too, but generous is an adjective that doesn't spring to mind. Standard smile

Message 22 of 268 (10,986 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

These points are pure garbage. All a big bad Origin marketing scheme to hype up absolutely nothing & just utter uselessness. Many users question what is happening with this useless point system & we have absolutely no answer from Origin for more than two years now. 'Still in development' my @$$

Message 23 of 268 (10,816 Views)

★★★ Novice

For now it is just a new page of showing our achievements, but if you read in origin they say keep tuning with them as these points will be responsible for great things in the near future, so I will just wait and see. 

Message 24 of 268 (7,064 Views)

★★★ Novice

3 Years later... Origin points - The New Half Life 3! Nicely done EA! Nicely Done!

Message 25 of 268 (7,033 Views)

★ Apprentice

I love how EA responded asking you about Bioware points.  Everybody knows that Bioware points are because they have to pay real money to get them.  Origin points show up just for playing the game and have had a message about "big things coming" or something for years.  Uplay points from ubisoft at least let you get in game upgrades.  EA could do whatever they want but they like to be one of America's most hated companies for some reason.

Message 26 of 268 (6,928 Views)

Origin Points

★★ Apprentice

So almost what like 2 years ago origin released origin points a useless way to track game progress (to compete with steam lol ?) and to quote "big plans for achievements and Origin Points" .. 2 years and im pretty sure theres not one word spoken about what I can use these useless tokens on?

Message 27 of 268 (28,831 Views)

Re: Origin Points

Hero (Retired)

@DerpDolphin They have been pretty much pointless since the start... no pun intended. Don't think there's any plans for them to change that either. At least anytime soon.

Message 28 of 268 (28,814 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DerpDolphin

We will definitely share our further plans with players when the time comes for this function to fully see the light.. Standard smile

Message 29 of 268 (28,760 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So hard to invent a simple thing like "with points you'll be able to redeem DLC's" or "With point you'll be able to get discounts on DLC's and Games"... it would be quite interesting and fun in that way...or maybe "Convert your points into Origin Money with what you can buy or give discounts to games you want to buy" ...
Probably Sales Manager thinks this is a bad idea, because they wont get any money out of it, as if EA would go bankrupt...

Message 30 of 268 (28,742 Views)