Re: Where can I spend my Origin Points?

by SupergoofNZ

Original Post

★ Guide

I was curious if I can find some answers on the topic. Has this origin point system got developed? Can I finally spend my points on something please?

Or I should be still "stay tuned"?

Message 11 of 268 (285,872 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same question as above. Very weird. Looks like Origin started making a points system which would be redeemable against something, then gave up.

Message 12 of 268 (285,528 Views)

Re: What's the point in Origin points?

★★ Novice

it's been in development for nearly 2 years now...
they develop full games in less time... this will be one hell of a thing when it's finally released... i'm expecting something better than the witcher 3 by now!

Message 13 of 268 (7,009 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have nearly 3000 Origin points, but they can't be used to buy DLC for DA: Inquisition - I'm not sure why my BioWare games all generate Origin points, and not BioWare points, since the Origin points appear to be totally useless. :-(

Message 14 of 268 (11,751 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah supergoof, of the 3 big games platforms, Origin is the weirdest!

Ok, so it's an achievement tool, but why points? Why only a select few games? Why start it & then let it idle?

What's the point of choosing a witty moniker, including upper & lower case letters, when they reproduce it in capitals! It should be YippeEAio! & why o why o why have I still got a footballer as my Avatar!?!  Standard smile

Message 15 of 268 (11,743 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Those points are just a score. There's nothing you can do with it.

Message 16 of 268 (11,619 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, the big plans for them are over a year old with nothing happening.  Just a scam it appears.  

Message 17 of 268 (11,574 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just wanted to thank all those who've granted me XP in this forum. Whether that has any more use than Origin Points, remains to be seen. Standard smile

Another odd & frustrating thing about Origin & this forum, is that the answer that's been chosen as the solution, is far from that & I didn't choose it!?!

At least I've now managed to change my Avatar from their default footballer. Now if I can just work out a way to get my moniker to read YippeEAio, I'll be a much happier bunny. Standard smile

Message 18 of 268 (11,571 Views)

★★★ Novice
the origin point system is actually used foracquiring DLC 2 or expansion packs 4 games they might put as a point system so you can buy games but the purpose for Origin points right now is actually to buy DLC's
Message 19 of 268 (11,532 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I used to get BioWare points for Dragon Age: Origins, which I was able to use to buy most of the DLC for that game, but Inquisition only grants Origin points, and there doesn't appear to be any way to spend those.

Message 20 of 268 (11,525 Views)