Origin In-Game Broadcasting "Beta" Feedback

by LOTS_OF_PYRO

Original Post

Origin In-Game Broadcasting "Beta" Feedback

★★★★ Novice

Hey everyone!

I was just curious about the Broadcast Options I see from Origin In-Game.

Now I'm a streamer and all. But I see the Broadcast Option in the Origin Overlay is in "Beta"

I see how it'll show the "Start Broadcast"

It says Title and all that other fine detail.

But what I'm curious to know and maybe this can be added into the "Beta" Section of the Origin Broadcasting.

I'm already streaming the game on my Twitch when I happen to open up the Origin In-Game Overlay.

Question. If I'm already streaming to my Twitch for that game. Why would I do the Broadcast from the Origin Overlay?

Answer, I'm already streaming via OBS to Twitch and have all my Twitch Configured to my Game Details on my Stream Feed.

My Simple fix to this "Beta" Broadcasting I'd like to suggest is the following.

In our Origin Account Settings.

Under the "About Me" Tab.

Go to Connected Accounts.

In Connected Accounts. Add in the Option(s) to all media related Accounts for Streaming/Other. Accounts like Twitch/YouTube/etc...

Once Accounts Are Connected. Origin Broadcast(s) can Auto-Detect the Stream Feed of that Account with the Game(s).

An Example using myself.

LOTS_OF_PYRO if Streaming BF4 to his stream on Twitch.

Origin Broadcast Detects the Live Feed Via Connected Accounts between Twitch and Origin through LOTS_OF_PYRO's Origin Profile.

This Account Connection now Applies the Game being broadcasted  live to an audience of viewers on Twitch.

For an Additional Bonus. The Broadcast could be indicated with a simple Twitch Logo next to the name.You see the Twitch Logo next to the names of the streamers playing in games like PUBG/H1Z1 King Of The Kill.

Why not implement something in this Connected Account fashion and tie it in with the "Beta" to the Origin In-Game Web Broadcasting?

It might make streamers feel a lot happier and then you get the added bonus to view how well you did playing against that streamer or watching them struggle.

This is just an idea for General Feedback. I used BF4 for an example since I do stream BF4 on Twitch. If EA Sports was smart and took Madden and NHL and put them onto the PC Platforms like PS did with Rocket League. Then you could have endless connections with games and streams.

Message 1 of 2 (410 Views)

Re: Origin In-Game Broadcasting "Beta" Feedback

EA DICE Team

@LOTS_OF_PYRO

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

To clarify - you are looking to connect your streaming accounts (Twitch) to Origin so that it can automatically pick up when you start playing, and then start streaming to your connection account, such as Twitch?

Message 2 of 2 (280 Views)