Origin Great Game Guarantee is a scam or atleast unclear and inconsistent.

by Thijminecraft02

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Great Game Guarantee is a scam or atleast unclear and inconsistent.

★★ Guide

I bought Superhot: Mind Control Delete, on the order page it said that EA's Great Game Guarantee is enabled. In the confirmation email it also said that Great Game Guarantee is enabled for this game. However the orders page did not have a refund button and EA Support kept telling me that the game is not eligible because it is a third party game. This is stupid and unfair for consumers, all competing game platforms allow you a refund if you played a game less than 2 hours and purchased it in the last 14 days. I met both requirements AND the order page said that Game Guarantee is enabled, yet i am denied a refund. I will never buy a game from Origin and EA again, the least EA should do is update the order page and confirmation emails so customers are not misled to believe that they have buyers guarantee when they actually don't .

I have attached and circled the part of the email that literally translates to: "Origin Game Satisfaction Guarantee: Does Apply"

Message 1 of 3 (400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Great Game Guarantee is a scam or atleast unclear and inconsistent.

★★ Guide
@EA_Mako I have DMed you a direct link to the order confirmation email where it says guarantee is valid. I believe that when i started the order i had a popup saying guarantee is valid and on the order overview after selecting a payment i also think it said G3: Is Valid. I Used the NL region.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (333 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Thijminecraft02,

Thanks for the screenshot. You mentioned seeing this on the Origin page as well, do you happen to have a link to where that was showing up?

Just going through both the launcher and the website version here  I'm not seeing that same link even when cycling through the various language versions of the page, but we can pass that along to be checked into further.

As far as the refund itself, if you'd like to have that looked into further please reach back out to support directly. 

We are unable to make any changes to accounts or transactions via the forums, so while I see you had initially reached out once already, you would need to speak with support again if you'd like to speak with someone else regarding a refund for this situation, thanks.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 3 (355 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Mako I have DMed you a direct link to the order confirmation email where it says guarantee is valid. I believe that when i started the order i had a popup saying guarantee is valid and on the order overview after selecting a payment i also think it said G3: Is Valid. I Used the NL region.
Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)