Origin Feedback - No Shopping Cart

by cmartindell

Original Post

Re: Origin Feedback - No Shopping Cart

★★★ Newbie

I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy $100+ of expansion and stuff packs because I have a paypal option of no payments no interest for 6 months on $99+, well I go to get it all together and I CANT. No single item is 99+ and since i cant combine it into a single purchase I cant use my promo.

Which means I will not be making this purchase.

Your lack of a cart, means that I cannot buy product from you. Period.

Good day.

Message 81 of 216 (3,501 Views)

Re: Shopping cart?

★★★★★ Newbie

So does this mean a shopping cart will only be available during sales? I believe me and many many other people would love a shopping cart available 24/7. As a company you need to make money and making the shopping process better for the customer would be a great thing to improve sales and the use of origin. This is quite necessary when you have DLC and separate packs for most of your games, like The Sims for example. If someone wants to buy multiple sim packs at once (like me) a shopping cart would be amazing! without one purchasing multiple products becomes frustrating and tedious, not to mention making you look primitive compared to other online stores.

I hate to be another thorn in your side when it comes to your forums but adding a permanent shopping cart is a must and in this day and age with the internet being a popular place to sell things on you need to add this feature ASAP. I hope you think about what I said and don't brush off my statement as another whiny comment to add to your pile of complaints.  I really do like origin but you'll be losing a lot of praise not just from me but from a high percentage of your users. Please think about this and don't be ignorant.

Message 82 of 216 (3,403 Views)

Re: Shopping cart?

★★ Novice

I agree 100%.  I typically do not participate in these forums, but the lack of a shopping cart is such an inconvenience to customers that I felt I should chime in.  Simply put, the lack a cart has cost EA three sales today.  I had planned to purchase one new release title and three other older titles that were on sale.  As a result of the cumbersome design I only purchased one title, instead of four.  EA may want to consider that this design could be discouraging multiple purchases during a visit to the Origin store and thus reducing potential sales.  The "one-click" buy feature is nice, but it should not come at the cost of a shopping cart (or customer convenience!).  Most other competent online retailers can do both (hello Amazon, etc...).  Why is this so difficult for EA?

Message 83 of 216 (3,368 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Absolutely friggin unacceptable! How many charges do I have to have on my cart?! Has Origin released only yesterday?

WHY not extend the 'cart' functionality during sales to having it permantently? Is there some technical difficulty that I'm not considering? 

Do anybody at EA test their stores' experience? Can any UX-er from ME please lend a hand to the incompetent store design team please?

Message 84 of 216 (3,317 Views)

Why isn't there a cart?

★★ Novice

All of the Sims 4 digital downloads are on sale, but only three are available to add to cart! What the heck??? I would really like to order all of the downloads I want at once, but I guess I'll do it elsewhere since it is so inconvenient to do so here.

Message 85 of 216 (3,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'd like to see a shopping cart implemented ASAP.. It doesn't make sense to me - a commerce site to not have a shopping card option available. Wink I'm quite shocked that I had to Google this and find that there is a thread about it...

Message 86 of 216 (3,276 Views)

★★ Novice

This is 2017, almost an year past since the thread has been open.

Please do introduce a cart option, having to re browser multiple times is a really unplesant experience. Also introduce a barrier to not allow to purchase the same item twice if it still has the pendent status would've avoide the problem that I had this morniing, so I tried to purchase an Dargon Age Inquisition DLC, filled everything and clicked procced got the green message telling it was ok then I closed the widow, giving me a message that some error has occured and I had re attempt the process again, so I did and the same happened. Then I checked my historic order and I had 2 open orders for the exactly same item.

I have to google how to cancel a order because we consumers cannot do it manually (steam allow us to, they also barrier the same item purchase twice), after contacting the support (US) and asked him to cancel one of the multiple items, he did as I asked him to, but unfortunately the 3rd party company also had approved both of purchases at same time when he cancelled one of them, the result was that in my historic order the status were "complete/item delivered" but I couldn't access/download the dlc because I 'didn't own it.'

So I was supposed to pay for a product and not be abled to utilize it?  So I tried to contact the support for the second time (BR this time), unfortunately it seems the person who attended me came from the deeps of hell itself, he was constantly interrupting me, using abreviation words, telling me it wasn't his problem and I should contact the said 3rd party company to solve this problem and he would not do anything about this. In my entire life I never had such a terrible experience ever, but I did leave a very nice feedback on his ticket (that he classified as solved.)

Then I tried for the 3rd time, I explained what occuried, the attendant told me on his screen my order wasn't been approved, it was still pending and he also asked me to contact the said 3rd party company, so I did. The 3rd party company explained that any repeated order will be refused automatically (although in my status it still remain as complete/delivered thus causing such a fuss), since the additional purchase was automatically canceled (but still giving the approved status), and I have asked to cancel one of them by the EA support, it resulted with me not having done anything. I just want to mention that the 3rd attendant (from Brazil as well), did a marlevolous job, not like the second person from the deeps of hell.

Apologies for being a little offtopic, I just wanted to share my terrible experience while I also ask for improvements so such outcomes would not be allowed to repeat itself again.

Improvements needed:

1 - Add a cart.

2 - Barrier multiple purchases of the same item if the status were still pending.

3 - Allow us consumers to cancel a purchase before it becomes approved manually, without needing to contact a support. (While the US support did a great job, I had to wait 15 minutes until my turn.)

Honestly this was been my worst experience ever for internet purchasing.

Message 87 of 216 (3,209 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is completely unacceptable. For twenty minutes I was trying to figure out how to purchase more than one item at a time, only to find this thread and discover that it's not possible? Or only possible during a sale?

Let me tell you how frustrating this is. Origin's client is already hard to navigate. Half the time it doesn't want to make its search bar known to me. The rest of the time, searching doesn't bring up the exact item I'm looking for--I typed "Spa Day" in the search field, which should have made that TS4 expansion the first item that came up, but no. I had to scroll through a lot of results before I found it.

There is a sale going on right now, but the so-called "sale cart" is not showing up for me. Even when I click on the "Deals" section of the client. What's more, I'm perfectly willing to buy an item that's not on sale, alongside one that is, and it's not going to bring up both items because the first one isn't on sale. Making someone jump through hoops to conveniently purchase your products? Not a great way to encourage people to buy things from you.

Message 88 of 216 (3,192 Views)

★★ Novice

*claps* well done ea. way to keep ppl away from your products.

that 'option' during sales is so inconvenient to use btw.

First of all, on home page, NONE explanation is given that choosing multiple games IS available via that small banner at the top of the page. People ordering for the first time would have no idea that the option exists.

Second of all, once you click on the banner (given that you took the time to research on google and actually find this unnoticeable comment made by a random EA employee under a forum feedback discussion lol) and enter the alleged "deals zone", that small banner on the page suddenly became GIGANTIC and STICKY, taking up 3/4 of the space of the page and blocking you sight when you're trying to scroll through the games..

..I mean, either the web designer is a sociopath or ea REALLY hates ppl getting their games discounted.

BUT I PRESUME THIS IS ALL WORKING AS INTENDED AM I RIGHT EA OR AM I RIGHT?

Message 89 of 216 (3,172 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Was planning to buy a bunch of Sims 4 stuff since my niece is visiting and she likes to play Sims, but the shopping process with no cart is ridiculous.

I don't use Origin much, so I actually wasted a decent amount of time trying to figure out where it was hidden and then despite my best efforts (wish listing items and such), I couldn't find it. I mean, at checkout time, there were other random suggested items I could add to my purchase, so I figured the functionality was there somewhere. After poking around a while, I eventually googled it to get here. And now I am wasting my time typing a post about what a dumb decision not to include a cart is. Of course, there is a cart it's just turned off on purpose (it can be turned on during sales, apparently), so removing it points to some kind of inscrutable motivation that no other online shopping application designers have.

So whatever, I've already spent too much time on this. I love the platitudes by the EA staff: "We are listening to your feedback" and such. Uh-huh. How many feedback responses have said "So glad you got rid of the cart. I love just being able to only buy one thing per 5 clicks." or "I love entering my purchase information over and over." Interesting how they will let us save our purchase information for "our convenience" but otherwise convenience isn't really a concern. No thanks. 

So I'm not buying anything through Origin today, which is probably just as well since:

1. despite living in a state with no sales tax, Origin was adding tax to my sale.

2. items that I was going to purchase are available through other retailers for less money

Amazon, Walmart or Best Buy,  as examples, will let me add digital codes for Sims 4 items in a cart and not charge me tax. 

*Edited a typo

Message 90 of 216 (3,146 Views)